Microbiology Lab Assistant
As a Microbiology Laboratory Assistant, you will work with Microbiology Laboratory
Technicians, other Laboratory Assistants, and Supervisor. This position performs the pre-analytical processing of patient samples based on established laboratory procedures and frequently resolves processes not defined by standard practice. This position is based in Louisville Kentucky.
Responsibilities and Duties
Including but not limited to
- Determine the acceptability of veterinary specimens for testing according to established criteria.
- Receive and organize veterinary specimens.
- Prepare specimens for analysis using aseptic techniques.
- Computer data entry and retrieval.
- Monitor, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
- Monitor, identify, and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary.
- Maintain an organized and clean laboratory space.
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Compensation
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Laboratory Experience in Microbiology (Bacteriology/Mycology) is preferred but not required.
- Team Oriented
- Robust organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Attention to detail.
- Comprehensive compensation package (Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance/401K Match/Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Repayment Program/Base 160 hours PTO/Company Holidays [federal and floating]/Profit Sharing Bonus/etc.)
About Zoetis Reference Laboratory
Zoetis Reference Laboratory is a new, innovative, and well-funded, full-service veterinary clinical diagnostics laboratory. We are focused on revolutionizing the reference laboratory space for companion, livestock, and exotic animals. We are a team of friendly, motivated, and highly collaborative business and veterinary professionals looking for a top tier laboratory assistant to join our team.
Full-timeFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service