As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Making animals' lives better makes life better- join our team today!
Your Role: QC Coordinator
Reports directly to the Manager of Quality Control. The position is responsible for oversight of coordination of all samples being submitted to the Quality Control department for testing of raw materials, bulk product, final product, and experimental samples. Direct interaction with other departments to ensure accuracy of labeling, storage and testing requirements. Organization of controlled documentation and the distribution of such to laboratories for testing and the organization and finalization of testing government agency submission packets for distribution to QA.
- Responsible for the distribution of controlled document Quality Control test data collection sheets
- Oversight of the sample chain of custody
- 2020 USDA Samples Submission and shipping
- Assemble the testing summary reports for non-release testing data for distribution to requesting department
- Quality Control materials ordering and supply
- Oversight of electronic based system for any of above. Ie. LIMS, SAP or the implementation of such.
What You Need to Succeed: (minimum qualification):
- GED with at least 3 years of experience in cGMP or cGXP at an operational level supporting manufacturing in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Prior experience related to quality control testing or systems in a pharmaceutical environment with a highly analytical proactive mindset on process improvement.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- BA or BS degree in a scientific discipline preferred with at least 3 years of experience in cGMP or cGXP at an operational level supporting manufacturing in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Experience in Materials Management for USDA or FDA regulated industries.
- Experience in Quality Control testing and environments.
- Experience with LIMS, SAP, JMP, Veeva Vault.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of VICH, USDA and/or EU GMP regulations for veterinary biologics.
- This is considered a full-time, on-site position.
- Day shift position. Weekend and evening work not usual, although may be required to provide process support to ongoing operations.
- Minimal travel requirements < 5%.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Elanco we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don't necessarily meet every requirement, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or other roles!
Elanco Benefits and Perks
We offer a comprehensive benefits package focusing on financial, physical, and mental well-being while encouraging our employees to pursue our purpose! Some highlights include:
- Two week shutdowns (mid-summer and year-end) in the US (in addition to PTO)
- 10-week parental leave
- 9 Employee Resource Groups
- Annual bonus offerings
- Up to 6% 401K matching
- Dependent and childcare support
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status