As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Senior Director Global Quality Auditing supports the Elanco Global Quality Compliance and Auditing (EGQCA) function which assures through auditing that global operations (from development to distribution, including pharmacovigilance) conducted and sponsored by Elanco are performed in accordance with company standards, policies, practices, and procedures and are compliant with current regulations and guidelines. The position assures the creation, implementation, and management of the processes and measurements that will allow EGQCA to run as an effective and high quality organization globally.
- Participate or lead in the risk assessment of Elanco operations in support of generating the EGQCA annual audit plan
- Ensures consistency between audits
- Ensures audit processes are robust and ensures qualified personnel are assigned to audits
- Reviews and approves audits and risk assessment reports
- Performs site audits with audit team on a periodic basis
- Develops with management team, communication on audit findings to senior management
- Prioritizes work, assigns staff, tracks progress of work flow, and escalates issues to management, as appropriate, within teams.
- Implements departmental initiatives with designated team as defined by management.
- Administers performance management, individual development, and career planning activities with assigned staff.
- Provides coaching and direct feedback to staff members on a regular basis.
- Support in empowering individuals to make logical decisions, resolve issues, and execute tasks.
- Bachelor of Science in physical or biological sciences, engineering, pharmacy, or other technical area of study.
- A minimum of 7 years of quality experience plus demonstrated technical experience in quality systems and auditing.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated leadership, self-management and motivational ability
- Strong organizational skills - ability to handle/prioritize multiple projects and requests
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated process improvement mindset
- Ability to travel 30%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status