Quality Control Scientist
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Quality Control Scientist position has the responsibility for the administration and direction of day-to-day operations in the Quality Control Laboratory at the Winslow site. The candidate will facilitate individual activities and the necessary steps to ensure team alignment and completion of business objectives to test animal health products in a timely manner.
- Laboratory Coordination - Helps to develop and communicate objectives, testing schedules, and resource plans for the laboratory by working cross functionally; holds self, team, and individuals accountable for meeting objectives (safety, compliance, testing requirements, cost control, etc.); ensures the appropriate resources (personnel, raw materials, etc.) are available to execute day-to-day tasks throughout entire scope of laboratory; demonstrates integrity at all times. Ensures timely review and filing of all laboratory and testing documentation. Perform laboratory testing and technical support, where needed to support laboratory goals.
- Provides Safe Work Environment – Ensures colleagues wear proper PPE; follows and ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed; sets a good example on safety; proactively seeks out safety risks in their area and aids with closure.
- Operates in Compliance – Develops and maintains procedures that are compliant with Elanco and regulatory standards. Follows and enforces good documentation practices involved with testing and laboratory records; ensures issues and risks are promptly reported, drives to root cause, and develops effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Establishes a Productive Work Environment - Actively encourages team building within and across departments; creates and maintains an atmosphere where viewpoints and feelings can be shared; supports management decisions with actions and words. Actively seeks opportunities for the lab to run more effectively and efficiently.
- Execute Laboratory Vision – Works with the Quality Control Manager to develop short, medium, and long term goals for the laboratory; initiates, leads and completes continuous improvement activities; helps to maintain a culture of continuous improvement and works to transform and upgrade laboratory operations while utilizing site quality systems.
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple tasks within a group, which includes providing positive and constructive feedback, strong communication skills, and the ability to get results through influence and teamwork.
- Must be able to pass a background check and gain Select Agent clearance.
- Knowledge of USDA regulations and requirements.
- Ability to interface with technology including JMP, SAP, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Unable to be in direct contact with avian species outside of the workplace.
- Experience in a biology focused GLP laboratory.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams and consistently prioritize safety and quality at all levels.
- Operational excellence/lean manufacturing experience.
- Off hours and weekend work may be required.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, allergens and loud noises.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clean room environment may apply.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service