As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The position will include routine testing of in process antigens and final product samples for the release of veterinary vaccines. The individual will be responsible for ensuring all methods are performed as written and filed with regulatory agencies and standard operating procedures. Specific studies or projects may be conducted as necessary.
- Perform required tests for bulk antigens, final products and raw materials, as well as other procedures necessary to support company and laboratory objectives to meet specified timelines.
- Maintain aseptic laboratory technique at all times and ensures accuracy of test results through precision and attention to detail.
- Maintain accurate and concurrent testing records and ensure compliance with Company SOPs and specifications, USDA and cGMP regulations.
- Operate and proactively maintain laboratory equipment. Ensure that equipment maintenance is properly and concurrently documented.
- Environmental monitoring of clean rooms and personnel: assisting in and/or performing microbial and particulate tests (air sampling).
- Actively contribute to a team setting with the laboratory and potentially with other work teams to increase efficiency, solve problems and improve quality.
- Strong focus on continual improvement and operational excellence.
- Asks applicable questions of appropriate sources and continually seeks to understand the technical aspect behind testing.
- Assists with updating, writing and maintaining SOP’s, bench records and data entry for the department.
- Provide effective training as requested, confirming that individuals are trained on the procedure at hand and all required training documentation has been completed.
- Demonstrates initiative by pro-actively identifying issues, obstacles, opportunities, possible solutions and the next step of action. Demonstrates initiative to take on new responsibilities and assist in other laboratory areas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in working in a team environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in biotechnology and aseptic technique
- Must demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and initiative.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, capable of using a controlled informatics system.
- Superb record keeping, organizational and communication skills
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Fundamental experience in cell culture, viral and/or bacterial propagation.
- Strong ability to multitask; performing testing while communicating with cross functional team members, maintaining clear records of all testing and work completed.
- Must be able to pass a background check and gain Select Agent clearance.
- Requires the use of personal protective equipment, including respirator.
- Some overtime may be required over the weekends
- This is a first shift job (7:00 am to 3:30 pm)
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status