As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
This role is focused on the execution of master data maintenance through management of a team of analysts, conformance to best practice, understanding of key data domains, and a high degree of focus on data governance. This role is within our Global Master Data team and reports to the SAP QM Global Business Owner. The primary focus for the team are the QM, and vendor master information for world wide Elanco businesses. Key areas of focus for this role are to generate/propose solutions to improve data value and governance and enhance the use of system capabilities. As an owner of change that drives process standardization of process which will provide greater organizational efficiency and value.
- Executing key data maintenance and data design for master data in SAP and associated systems
- Investigate and resolve QM object data issues
- Determining impact of changes while ensuring data consistency and conformance to Standard Operating Procedures
- Identifying and participating in or leading process improvement initiatives which could include:
- Troubleshooting SAP (or level 3 system) execution problems (which could include logging formal IT incidents), identifying root causes, and implementing solutions
- Investigating deviations and providing impact assessments for change management.
- Contributing to global initiatives for Quality Master Data Management as required and attending select power user forums to share best practices with peers
- Task oriented person with experience in handling multiple activities simultaneously.
- Supporting the implementation of new SAP releases and changes to scope and processes
- Supporting 24-hour global business requirements as needed in different countries
- Provide transparent reporting and suggested action(s) to leaders whose teams provide input data for master data, to reduce data quality issues, non-value record maintenance, and process non-conformance.
- Identify solutions which improve data architecture, data quality, processes to maintain data, and business processes which produce master data and participate in the implementation of such solutions.
- Promote and take action to further SAP as the single-version of the truth for master data.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (quality (QA/QC) or computer systems) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of animal / human health industry experience in quality or data management
- Quality SAP/master data experience in master data creation, change, and maintenance
- Knowledge in ERP software (preferably SAP)
- Strong SAP background.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, anticipate, and resolve complex issues (technical-, operational- or business-related)
- Motivation to educate self and others
- Detail oriented person
- Proven ability to build relationships internally and gain trust from global end users and management
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional interactions
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving skills will be essential as you
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience in MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, MS Teams, you will
- Experience in project
- management relating to system transition, integration, merger / acquisition, divesture.
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment
- This role can be done from any location across the globe
- Occasional overtime required at peak times
- Travel required: 5-10%
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status