This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
** This position qualifies for a $2500 sign-on bonus!
This position will be responsible for general Quality Control laboratory upkeep and functionality. The employee will perform routine tasks which allow the analysis of manufacturing products to run smoothly and effectively.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Consistently act with a “quality mindset” by paying attention to details and understanding quality expectations.
- Dedicated to fostering an environment of safety and compliance.
- Successfully complete training on both regular tasks and specialized procedures.
- Understand the needs of the lab and perform regular tasks which meet these needs.
- Responsible for inventory management and associated processes.
- Perform occasional routine release testing on manufactured products.
- Ability to support manufacturing timelines outside of normal operating hours as needed.
- Ability to accept guidance and direction from senior members of the QC team.
- Personify the Elanco values of Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Contribute to the Elanco culture through Involvement, Innovation, Ownership, and Delivering.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma and 4 years’ relevant experience
- Proven verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Associate’s degree and 2 years’ relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s degree
- Science-based degree or science-based work experience
- Manufacturing support experience
- Work requiring governmental oversight and/or audits
- Good computer literacy
- May be utilizing hazardous chemicals for certain tasks.
- Will need to occasionally lift small loads.
- May be in refrigerated conditions for short periods of time.
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status