Reporting to the Zoetis Reference Laboratories (ZRL) Director of Quality Assurance, the Quality Manager will carry out the important role of overseeing the Quality Management System for the Louisville ZRL location (a large central laboratory which is part of a large veterinary referral laboratory network). Responsibilities will include training staff on the QMS and topics related to quality, non-conforming event (NCE) management, internal auditing, policy/SOP writing, quality metric compilation/reporting, liaising with key leaders in other parts of the organization (e.g., medical, customer service, operations) and other quality related duties as assigned. The non-conforming event management duties will include triaging and tracking reported non-conforming events and working with all levels of ZRL staff to ensure timely, appropriate and effective investigation and implementation of corrective/preventive actions (CAPAs). The Quality Manager will carry out investigations and formulate/implement CAPAs for non-technical issues as assigned and work with technical staff to ensure appropriate issue resolution. Internal auditing responsibilities will include preparation of Louisville site as well as some travel to other sites.
1. Triaging, tracking and resolving reported non-conforming events
2. Training staff on Quality Management System and topics related to quality
3. Compilation and reporting of quality metrics
4. Internal auditing, on location in Louisville and traveling to other ZRL labs
5. Writing policies, SOPs and other documents
6. Other duties as assigned
1. A Bachelors degree in a natural science (biology, vet science, chemistry, biochemistry, etc) is required.
2. At least one year on the bench in a veterinary or clinical laboratory required.
3. At least three years’ experience in Quality Assurance related role required.
1. Experience in Non-conforming Event Management (investigations, root cause analysis and CAPAs), SOP/policy writing, quality metric development/reporting and internal auditing preferred.
2. Training in systems thinking and/or Just Culture preferred.
3. Certification as MLS/MT/MLS/CLS, ISO auditor and/or ASQ preferred.
4. Training in document and record management and general quality assurance and quality management systems development and maintenance
SIGNATURE - Please provide the following for Audit purposes
*Please Note: In lieu of signatures, an e-mail chain demonstrating Manager and HRBP approval will suffice.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service