PF is seeking a R&D Food Technologist to support the development of new veterinary drug products and reformulation of existing products. The Food Technologist role will encompass bench, pilot plant and occasional scale-up plant support to enable the development and commercialization of product launches. Dosage forms may include chewable tablets and soft chews.
- Develop R&D formulas and prototypes for new products and improvement of existing products.
- Conduct R&D formulation trials, including stability and palatability, of new and existing products.
- Assist with scale up and launch of new products.
- Serve as a technical resource for marketing to help develop a robust pipeline of product development opportunities.
- Support product formulation including appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory and analytical requirements.
Education and Skills
- B.S. degree in Food Science or related scientific discipline.
- 0-7 years’ experience in food or drug product development formulation.
- Working knowledge of cGMP’s and USDA food/drug regulations preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral presentation and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement