The Technical Project Manager with strong hardware or electrical subject matter expertise is responsible for forming teams, developing project plans that align with project objectives, communicating, documenting and manage multiple project activities according to good project management practices. Project types include Diagnostics and BioDevice New Product Introduction (NPI) including Co-Development (partnering with VMRD), Manufacturability assessments on Business Development deals and OEM products and products and transfers within and outside the network. The role is responsible for ensuring projects are executed safely, on time, and on budget.
With minimal supervision provide GMS technical project management representation and support for NPIs, Business Development deals and OEM structure as well as Instrument manufacturing technical leadership and support for on market Hardware related EOL, Obsolescence, investigations and corrective actions projects:
- Leading up to 5 projects simultaneously with medium levels of complexity.
- Delivering the portfolio of new products to the business by leading the co-development and launch teams.
- Provide project leadership and manufacturability reviews for business development and deals.
- Co-ordinating the site team to develop project plans that will support their instrument lifecycle
- Ensure projects are prioritized appropriately within GMS teams for support and action
- Planning and budgeting project resources required to execute projects to meet project timeline.
- Developing and maintaining project management best practice globally.
- Promote and ensure global project management standards are developed and adhered to.
- Train and support others in project management tools and best practices.
- Report out frequently on the progress of projects to senior management and call out areas of concern or support needed to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Technical liaison to both internal and external sites as needed
- Technical liaison with external suppliers or devices components.
- Work with other team leaders on sharing of technical knowledge across the businesses supported by team.
- Responsible for working with US, International and EU Regulatory groups within Zoetis to develop and execute strategies for filing, defending, and launching new products
- Working very closely with VMRD, Manufacturing, QA, QC, Procurement, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs and Commercial organizations
- May need to manage external supply relationships with CMO organizations
- Expected to work with minimal supervision at this level
Accountable for ensuring projects are managed to the project budget
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering, mechanical or electrical engineering is required.
- 7 years of industry experience, minimum of 3 years directly applicable job experience in diagnostics
- Three or more years of experience in general and technical management of projects with demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues, addresses validation requirements, prepares and administers budgets.
- Demonstrated expertise in areas of diagnostics/biodevices production, Quality control, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and product development will be considered strongly.
- Additional key attributes desired are demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team/matrix environment, good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and computer skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrates expertise in hardware or electrical engineering
- Demonstrated expertise in Project management including the use of project management tools. Prior people leadership experience is a plus.
- Project management qualification is desirable
- In depth technical knowledge of instrument hardware, components, assemblies and parts, analytical methods, and materials.
- Understanding and appreciation of the complexities of diagnostic equipment and test systems.
- Six Sigma methods including RCA investigations
- Working knowledge of key regulatory authorities (USDA, EMA, VMD and FDA).
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- International and local travel may be required
- Gowning into production areas