This job is archived
The Project Engineer is responsible for all phases of capital project management from conceptual estimate and design to construction, commissioning, start-up and close out. Project scope, financial spending forecast and schedule development are all responsibilities of the Project Engineer. Project Engineer researches alternative in order to offer the customer the lowest cost option while maintaining compliance with all codes and agencies.
The Project Engineer interacts with management and site “customer” groups to establish and define requirements for assigned facility, utility, packaging, and manufacturing projects.
- General Responsibilities
- Develop conceptual designs, preliminary budgets and schedules for assigned projects. Development along with assistance from the project sponsors the preparation of the Capital Project Appropriation requests (CPAs). CPAs to include project description, justification, cost estimates, budget, schedule, analysis of alternatives and other required information.
- Select, manage and coordinate the efforts of design consultants and firms as appropriate.
- Develop “Request for Proposal” documents for design services, construction services and major equipment items as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate (with site customers, employees and other personnel) the efforts of construction management, general or trade sub-contractors to ensure the successful (i.e. safe, timely, high quality, cost effective, legal) implementation of assigned projects.
- Administer, resolve, and control all design, construction, contractual and financial issues on assigned projects.
- Ensure frequent communication and conducts regularly scheduled meetings between Project Team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements are met on assigned projects.
- Coordinates all activities with building departments/inspectors.
- Completes assigned projects by starting-up and checking-out all new equipment and systems, inspecting construction, developing and ensuring complete resolution of “punch list” items.
- Develops Capital and Expense budget requests for future projects during annual budget cycle.
- Interfaces with Zoetis Global Engineering Services to ensure project compliance with applicable GMS standards and comply with Zoetis Quality Standards.
- Maintain technical skills in the latest techniques for project management and engineering technology as applied to facilities and equipment design, construction and plant operation.
- Utilizes CPMP principles for project. Project definition, project concept, preliminary and detailed design, construction and commissioning/verification and close out
- Develops and maintains capital plan for site.
- Communicates regularly with project owners, customers and stakeholders.
- Generate request for proposals for purchased equipment and services as necessary
- Generate quotes for equipment and services.
- Procure, track and close out project equipment and services purchases.
- Provide or arrange for development of complete design documentation for assigned projects.
- Prepares documentation necessary for project approvals.
- Generates change control documentation as required by project commissioning needs.
- Provides qualification documentation for assigned project as applicable.
- Arranges for training of involved maintenance and operating personnel and obtaining and properly distributing all appropriate testing, certification, validation, “as-built”, spare parts, operating or maintenance manual documentation and drawings.
- Works closely with Reliability Engineer that develops Life Cycle Cost.
- Modeling and Statistical Analysis for equipment design and selection.
- Receive input of “Design for Reliability” with respect to equipment specifications that create project approaches which minimize life cycle costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters level degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, preferred) with 4-6 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: PMP Certification or PE License preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the Zoetis organization.