Animal Health Product Development Manager
Precision Science has an opening for an experienced Animal Health Product Development Manager. This role is Fulltime and onsite (no REMOTE) responsible for the management of product development activities to generate new products from bench top to commercialization as well as improvements in existing products and the onboarding of transfers. They should be comfortable developing and formulating with natural raw materials, working within various natural and organic certification standards, and understanding operational capabilities, quality control, and animal food regulations. This position requires good interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication ability, and a firm knowledge of industry trends, customer base, and internal capabilities. This role reports to the COO.
- Work with Operations to transition formula from lab-scale batches to full-scale production and effectively manages all technical aspects of the product development process from bench-top through commercialization and post-launch support.
- Manages portfolio of product development projects, ensuring that all projects have clearly defined objectives, resources and plans to deliver on-time launches.
- Helps to manage and facilitate information flow including product development records, literature, intellectual property, and relevant documentation.
- Performs sample making of product prototypes during the development stage.
- Communicates technical issues and status of projects to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Performs timely reporting of project progress and escalation of critical issues
- Executes formulations, costings, and price quotes of any proposed new product or product change.
- Develop, optimize, or reformulate nutraceutical products including soft chews, powders, and pellets.
- Reviews product development documentation including technical summaries, material qualifications, change documentation and stability reports.
- Establishes product specification requirements for new products.
- Works closely with customers and internal resources to develop and launch new products and support existing products.
- Ensures customer quality and product specification requirements are met during the product development stage or improvement of an existing product.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and coordinates internal activities across several functions to meet customer and business needs regard to delivery, prompt response to requests, etc.
- Executes new product proposals as per technical and customer requests as presented by sales.
- Investigates root causes when investigating customer complaints.
- Ensures new product development and commercialization stages meet all GMP and Product Quality and Safety guidelines.
- Work with Operations to transition formula from lab-scale batches to full-scale production.
- Interact with other departments such as Finance, EHS, Purchasing, and QA/QC. Executes formulations, costings, and price quotes of any proposed new product or product change. Develop, optimize, or reformulate nutraceutical products including soft chews, powders, and pellets.
- Other tasks as determined by the COO.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, or related science. Advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in product development of medicated and non-medicated veterinary products from bench-top to commercialization.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with solid dosage non-sterile pharmaceutical development and processing strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the product development process (bench-top formulation, pilot process development, scale up, commercialization and reliability post-launch).
- Demonstrated ability to apply a risk-based approach to managing change.
- Capability to author and review technical documentation, including but not limited to R&D and production batch records, protocols, and summary reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to think and work independently and possess strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical ability to perform research tasks and design plans for product development.