As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
This position supports Upstream Bioprocess Development of Elanco's Biotherapeutic portfolio, enabling platform and project development. The individual will work primarily in designing and execution of experiments in the AMBR/2L Perfusion system.
This position will work closely with the Downstream, Formulations and Analytical scientists to support the advancement of the portfolio as well as to drive new innovations and platform capabilities. They will drive a culture of innovation and strong fundamental scientific & engineering principle for our core functional disciplines.
Additional core responsibilities will include:
- Laboratory execution of assigned projects.
- Ensures completeness and technical quality of the research work to ensure integrity of data generated in the laboratory.
- Supporting regulatory and quality initiatives and working collaboratively with and advice, internal Elanco business partners.
- Help establish and strengthen QbD approaches, DOE designs and the implementation of computer and lab scale modeling for the team.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Independently apply scientific knowledge to develop highly robust and consistent processes for the Elanco Large Molecule portfolio.
- Apply Quality by Design (QbD) and Design of Experiment concepts for evaluation of multiple factor interactions to optimize quality and yields in developing processes to ensure maximum value.
- Plan, execute and coordinate daily and weekly work schedule. Design, review and make recommended changes to scientific protocols and procedures.
- Maintain infrastructure of laboratory and an organized, clean and safe working environment.
- Schedule and perform maintenance of instruments/equipment. Evaluate new laboratory equipment.
- Use proper safety equipment and follow appropriate safety procedures. Takes responsibility for proper handling and disposal of biohazard materials and/or hazardous chemicals.
- Able to organize, interpret and present results to peers, cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Write reports and may write external publications. Prepare SOPs/working procedures. Support preparation of registration documents.
- Conceive, plan and execute technical projects to develop robust processes. Perform data analysis and use results for the design of next experiment.
- Perform troubleshooting activities.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Biology/Molecular Biology/Microbiology or other scientific discipline.
- Experience in working with Mammalian cell lines.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
- Excellent teamwork skills, able to communicate across functions and levels.
- Experience in process development.
- Good presentation and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Requires ability to lift 25 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status