As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Senior Advisor - Product Development will be responsible for leading global R&D projects from pipeline entry through approval, using both internal and external resources. This will include multiple species, technology types and registration pathways.
Additionally, this role will contribute to new project opportunities consistent with the global innovation strategy, working to evaluate in close collaboration with, both R&D and Commercial Leaders.
- Serve as the leader for assigned global animal health vaccine, and/or monoclonal and or pet health pharmaceutical projects, proactively managing project plan in accordance with approved timing and budget.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate development strategy is in place and sufficient milestones identified, monitored, and communicated.
- Accountable for assembling and revising the project team (SME support) and evolving it as the project progresses. Work with functional leadership to assign best aligned SMEs to project needs.
- Collaborate effectively and timely communicate with functional SMEs to plan and execute projects
- Align with project manager to ensure robust preparation/updates of project plans and timelines for assigned projects. Provide strategic inputs to facilitate accurate and timely project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Identify & communicate to executive leadership project specific risks and opportunity including impacts.
- Identification & communication of project risk mitigation and remediation plans proactively
- Effectively lead engagements with regulatory agencies, external collaborators/vendors as needed for projects.
- Influence, foster creativity, and motivate project team members.
- Motivate project team members to push for creativity, foster culture of innovation and high trust
- Set clear goals and objectives for the project team(s), hold self and others accountable.
- MS Degree in Veterinary medicine, Chemistry, Biology or related sciences with 10+ years of experience in leading multi-disciplinary vaccine or Pet health therapeutics development projects in the animal health industry.
- PhD and/or DVM with >5 years of experience in leading multi-disciplinary vaccine or Pet health therapeutics development projects in the animal health industry.
- Proven history of global project leadership across multiple R&D stages
- Proven project leadership history across species and technology types, especially Vaccine, Monoclonal, and Pet Health Pharmaceuticals
- Proven project leadership at all stages of product development
- Demonstrated ability to work within regulated product development
- Good understanding of GLP and GCP regulations as they apply to pet health vaccine/biologics product development study design and regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functions and provide leadership through influence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Reports to: Executive Director, Product Development
- Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status