Compliance & Product Release Manager/Team Leader
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Student Loan Repayment Program
The position reports to the Site Quality Leader of Lincoln Operations and is a member of the Quality Operations Leadership team and will lead the Regulatory Compliance organization consisting of ~25 professional colleagues. The Regulatory Compliance organization is responsible for ensuring that products released are in strict compliance to dossiers on file with agencies throughout the world. The leader will be accountable for maintaining current dossiers and relevant facility documents and will monitor Lincoln Operations compliance activities. This individual will be the primary liaison for USDA-CVB Establishment License #190 and is expected to routinely interact with CVB-IC. The Site Regulatory Compliance Leader is a key stakeholder in fostering the Quality Culture, setting strategic direction of Quality Operations as well as managing day-to-day activities of Regulatory Compliance. The leader will use data and metrics to meet site compliance imperatives to maintain product supply and drive continuous improvement.
- Plan, initiate and manage the policies, processes, and procedures for the Regulatory Compliance organization to ensure compliance of biological and pharmaceutical products released by Lincoln Operations (including White Hall, and Charles City) with global product dossiers, Zoetis Quality Standards, and customer expectations.
- Manage and guide the Regulatory Compliance team leaders.
- Be accountable for Product Release (SFG and FG)
- Be accountable for release of raw materials and components used in the manufacture products by Lincoln Operations
- Be accountable for investigation of customer complaints with respective to product quality
- Be accountable for Annual product reviews for Lincoln Operations
- Be accountable for the Lincoln Operations stability program
- Ensure current facility documents are on file or available for relevant agencies (e.g., CVB Blue Prints and Legends, Site Master File)
- Maintain current registrations with and host inspection by the US Drug Enforcement Administration
- Review/approve Artwork change control
- Be accountable for updates/changes to dossiers (USDA and International)
- Manage needed Recalls/Market Actions for Lincoln Operations products
- Lead Correspondence with US Agencies (CVB-IC and FD-ORA)
- Participate and lead in yearly and long-range budget planning of personnel and operating expenses.
- Develop and maintain both performance and predictive metrics to guide Regulatory Compliance and identify capacity restraints and issues.
Staff and Leadership Responsibilities
- Leadership Development / Coaching of Staff; Creation of Learning Organization for the Regulatory Compliance
- Participate in the Quality Culture across the Site.
- Ensure Training and Development plans are in place for all Regulatory Compliance colleagues.
- Development of Regulatory Compliance budget and resource planning for roll up to the Site Quality Budget.
- Support the development of Quality Operations goals and targets as part of the organization’s strategic plan.
Education and Experience
- Biological/Chemistry based degree: B.S. with 14 years, M.S. with 12 years, or DVM/Ph.D. with 9 years, with direct experience in biological or pharmaceutical science development or manufacture.
- A minimum of five years management experience including budget and supervisory responsibilities.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience in the quality assurance, manufacturing, quality control, or regulatory affairs function of veterinary or human pharmaceuticals or biological.
- A thorough familiarity with requirements of USP, EP and 9 CFR for biological and pharmaceutical products, including the Regulations (FDA, USDA & EMA) for biological and pharmaceutical products.
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
- Does well in a Change Management Environment, Acts as a Change Agent
- Problem solver, root cause analysis methodology
- Process oriented mindset; data and continuous improvement orientation
- Able to work well in complex environment
Physical Position Requirements
- Position located in Lincoln, NE
- Minimal off-site travel
- This position requires sitting, standing, and walking with occasional overtime/weekend work.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service