The Veterinary Cooperative will only consider candidates who fill out the form located here:
Title: Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships
Company: The Veterinary Cooperative
Location: This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships are to drive strategy for major account relationships through the development, mentorship, and management of the Strategic Account Manager team, directly manage the top strategic accounts, and conduct contract negotiation and review of potential new vendor partnerships for strategic execution. This includes overall strategy for developing, negotiating, managing, and growing long-term relationships with The Veterinary Cooperative industry partners. This is a supervisory position and requires a broad knowledge of the animal health industry, the account management process, and strong team leadership abilities. This position reports to the Vice President and works closely with leadership on developing and executing partnership strategy for the cooperative. This position is remote and selected candidates can live anywhere within the continental United States.
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing or Business discipline preferred).
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales, marketing and/or animal health industry experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years account management experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years team management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the US animal health industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work within US animal health business landscape.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Airtable a plus.
- Skilled in leading, executing and engaging in a virtual meeting space.
- Current knowledge of and demonstrated ability to work within the US animal health distribution network.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and manage a team of Strategic Account Managers.
- Ability to work collaboratively across organization, executing strategic initiatives, coordinating activities, leveraging resources and knowledge of accounts to identify opportunities/solutions to resolve customer issues and drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate networks and relationships across functions and other organizational boundaries with internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of position’s contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes, identifying emerging needs and participating in defining innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Exhibits expert skills in identifying unmet and evolving needs of customers and is sought out to provide customer centric solutions that drive long term sustainable results.
- Demonstrates expertise in building partnerships and sustainable relationships with customers leveraging business insights to drive solutions and strategies throughout the customers’ organizations.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and managing a range of accounts to drive execution and follow through for all account tiers including large, complex accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute core Strategic Account plans.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong understanding of business and financial metrics including the ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives.
- Must be results oriented and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Superior organizational, analytical and time management skills.
The following responsibilities are essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Primary account manager for The Veterinary Cooperative’s top strategic accounts.
- Create and execute strategic account plans that identify threats and opportunities and meet mutual partner and TVC goals.
- Develop and maintain strong executive suite relationships within Strategic partnerships.
- Develop a deep understanding of account objectives. Coordinate and communicate with leadership, education, support operations, and marketing teams to account objectives are met.
- Champion the TVC value story with all strategic accounts and stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of account needs and communicate that information to TVC stakeholders.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews ensuring that strategic accounts understand the value of The Veterinary Cooperative relationship and their performance relative to quarterly, semiannual, and annual growth expectations.
- Create and manage budget with focus on maximizing organizational and partner ROI.
- Lead the Strategic Account Management (SAM) Team.
- Advise and collaborate with leadership on all strategic account objectives, opportunities challenges, and initiatives.
- Develop account management process and strategy, assign vendor contracts to appropriate team members.
- Supervise and manage performance of all SAM team members.
- Strong mentor dedicated to developing team members into strong performers.
- Develop, manage and track department budget to ensure activities fall within budget and ROI is optimized.
- Conduct quarterly and yearly business review process on all accounts.
- Coordinate with data and finance team to track and monitor strategic account performance.
- Coordinate with marketing and communications, education teams to help meet mutual objectives.
- Advise and collaborate with TVC leadership on overall Strategic Account Strategy and partnerships.
- Develop, negotiate, evaluate, and administer contracts on behalf of The Veterinary Cooperative.
- Negotiate contract agreements for products and services.
- Ensure organizational compliance with contract terms.
- Ensure contract, and prospective vendor database is accurate and up to date.
- Lead the cooperative product committee, and help evaluate and recommendations on new contracts with the board of directors
- Must be approachable, engaging and personable, and conduct all interactions with respect and professionalism at all times with colleagues, business partners, vendors, clients, customers, stakeholders, team members and leadership at all levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Also frequently required to walk, reach, stand, bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and balance, and occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a variety of small office machines and standard office equipment including computers, photocopiers, and telephones.
- Must be completely comfortable working on a computer, and with telephone and email communications.
- Must be an expert in communication in the English language.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak clearly and articulately.