This job is archived
The General Manager manages all activities related to operations, production, administration, growth, profitability and productivity to ensure all necessary requirements are met. This role oversees the development and improvement of processes to meet objectives and is responsible for managing facilities, effective safety performance and compliance, overall growth and profitability, customer satisfaction and retention, environmental compliance, operational standards aligned as best-in-class and to the highest ethical standards and practices in the industry, and team member staffing, engagement, and retention.
- Establishes profit and loss reporting by maintaining an accurate cost structure.
- Plans and executes an operational model to support growth while optimizing capacity.
- Effectively manages equipment purchases and capital expense planning in order to ensure quality and capacity are optimized.
- Establishes key performance metrics and quality management system.
- Communicates and participates in Operations planning meetings.
- Oversees all employee relations including discipline, performance management, hiring, training and succession planning.
- Ensures all quality, safety and cost targets are consistently achieved.
- Plans and directs production activities. Establishes production priorities keeping with effective operations and costs factors.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls all activities related to the purchasing of materials and inventory control including purchase orders, cycle counts, receiving and shipping.
- Negotiates with vendors and suppliers to ensure high quality products and services. Develops processes to improve delivery and/or lower costs.
- Manages facilities including maintenance and repairs and employee safety programs.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Administration, or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally and/or internationally may be required. High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion) and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation and reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
What Does Regency Offer?
- Competitive Pay
- Robust Paid Time Off Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Matching
- Career and Growth Opportunities
About Us: Regency is the leading pet aftercare provider in the United States providing services in the northeastern, southeastern, and western U.S. The Company is focused on building a national pet aftercare service operation that will improve the level of service and experience for customers across North America.