This job is archived
Title: Lab Operations Manager – Incubator Support & Logistics (Fixed Term: 3 Years)
Location: Fort Collins, CO
A great opportunity to be part of the newly established Zoetis Incubator Research Lab at CSU! Zoetis is seeking an experienced individual with experience in managing laboratory operations in support of primary pharmacology and biomarker identification. Additionally, this individual should have experience working with a global organization to provide sample logistic oversight/management to a small group of scientists.
The successful candidate should have at least 10 years of relevant experience managing laboratory operations including: establishing/complying with Environmental Health & Safety procedures, basic laboratory automation support, lab supply procurement, and sample logistics (small/large molecules and biospecimens from In vivo studies). Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience with shipping, receiving, storing, distributing, and tracking small/large molecule samples and biospecimens (blood, plasma, serum, saliva, urine, etc.).
- Experience maintaining and trouble-shooting basic laboratory automation including but not limited to multimode plate readers (e.g. Perkin-Elmer Enspire, Mesoscale Discovery, and SpectraMax readers), automated liquid handlers (e.g. for automated pipetting and/or DNA/RNA extractions), and other general lab equipment (e.g. plate washers, centrifuges, etc.)
- Experience with basic laboratory safety procedures and managing compliance with corporate standards
- Experience with managing laboratory supplies, including tracking inventory levels and procurement of new supplies.
- Experience in setting up collaboration agreements with external partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Educational background: BS/MS (Immunology, cell and molecular biology, pathology, or related field).
• Self-starter, able to prioritize work and work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Work environment: The person filling this position will work predominantly in a laboratory setting. There may be exposure to animal pathogens and chemicals. There may be handling of, and/or exposure to animal tissue and zoonotic organismsFull timeFixed Term/Temporary (Fixed Term)ColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.