This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Operations Manager in Winslow, Maine will have oversight of personnel, processes and materials in production areas. Ensures that the manufacture operations remain in compliance with external and internal regulations and procedures. Interpersonal, collaborative and effective communication skills are required to adequately collaborate with different levels and functions in the organization. Utilizes technical and analytical skills to drive departmental performance and partners with other functions to meet and or exceed annual business plan.
- Incorporate Operational Excellence initiatives and practices into all day to day operations.
- Responsible for leading area Process Team or Steering Team
- Prepares production schedules and monitors daily manufacture activities to ensure compliance with schedules, manufacturing directions, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), Outlines of Production (OOP) or any other guideline.
- Assigns accountability to direct reports or team members when they do not comply with their duties, Regulatory Standards or internal procedures.
- Prepares or reviews SOP’s and verifies that these documents are comprehensive, current and consistent with OOP.
- Provided technical support during internal and external inspections.
- Develop mid/long term resource requirement planning
- Responsible for the maintenance of the workplace cleanliness and housekeeping at all the levels of the operations
- Ensures that team members have the required training and expertise to execute their daily responsibilities proficiently.
- Acts as first line of communication for grievances, executes disciplinary actions and maintains the Operations Manager and HR fully informed when these events occurs in the areas of responsibility
- Makes recommendations to the Operations Manager regarding to capital investments and equipment requirements.
- Responsible for the department budget
- Monitors attendance, ensures the adequate use of overtime and approves team members time cards
- Leads by example and ensures that team members have a safe work conditions, adequate resources to sustain a safe environment and that they are in compliance with all safety standards.
- Leads the implementation of changes and/or during process deviations investigations
- Responsible to ensure that all production records are completed correctly and in timely manner
- Hiring Manager – responsible for ensuring a compliant hiring process and personnel selection
- Responsible for raising process deviations along with their respective investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in STEM)
- 4+ years of experience in Manufacturing Operations (preferably pharmaceutical)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Some experience with SAP, JMP, Microsoft Visio and creation of personnel work schedules.
- 1 - 2 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Demonstrate irreproachable safety and quality culture at all the levels
- High level of Initiative and commitment for continuous improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- May require some (5%) travel to attend to trainings or other company function activities.
- Must adhere to biosecurity procedures, including gowning requirements and PPE
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status