As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
**Please Note: We will be offering a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus for this Position**
The Manufacturing Operator is responsible for preparing, executing, and cleaning/turnover of production processes in poultry vaccine production. All tasks are performed in accordance with internal and external guidelines.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
The Operator performs general operations functions which include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Egg Handling (egg receipt, traying, disinfection processes, transferring eggs)
- Egg derived processes & tissue culture (candling, incubation, inoculation, harvest, inactivation)
- Centrifugation, concentration processes
- Fermentation processing
- Media make
- Filling operations (product emulsification, liquid filling processes, lyophilization)
- Process and equipment preparation and process cleaning/disinfection activities
- Washing, wrapping, and sterilizing of glassware and equipment
- Loading/unloading autoclaves
- Disinfecting room surfaces and equipment
- Ensuring appropriate amount of materials (chemicals, consumables, etc.) are available
- Use of electronic systems (e.g. SAP) to stage materials
- All tasks are performed in accordance with internal and external guidelines:
- Understands and practices good aseptic technique and biosecurity measures
- Perform routine, repetitive tasks with moderate to limited degree of supervision.
- Performs duties according to established SOP's, production records and company safety procedures.
- Concurrently completes documentation and follows established protocols
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable
- Associates Degree in science field (Biology or Microbiology preferred)
- Previous exposure to aseptic technique and/or other lab sciences is preferred.
- Scientific aptitude and eagerness to learn preferred
- Speed and accuracy of fine hand manipulation and good eye-hand coordination
- Must be an effective member of a team and be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must possess oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Occasional weekend and off-hour work may be required.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clean room environment may apply.
- May be required to work in an area with exposure to potential allergens.
- Position may require a certain amount of heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds).
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status