The Lead Counsel, Compliance Operations, will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, managing and continuously improving the company’s global compliance training content and initiatives, and global communication plans, aligned with and supporting our Core Beliefs, our colleagues’ training needs, compliance program priorities, and our strong culture of compliance. The Compliance Operations lead will also be responsible for maintaining and managing Zoetis’ corporate policies and procedures, including systems and procedures for standardizing, updating, facilitating understanding and proper application by our colleagues. The Compliance Operations Lead will implement and test controls, and define metrics to measure, monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve, the effectiveness of our compliance trainings, communications and corporate policy-related initiatives for preventing, detecting and resolving potential compliance risk. Additionally, the Compliance Operations Lead will be responsible for managing the Zoetis Compliance Champions Network of 60+ colleagues in various functions/titles who support the Compliance Program globally, and for performing other responsibilities as determined by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Develop and implement the annual compliance program training and communication plans including global trainings, flexible micro trainings, draft substantive training program content, targeted policy update trainings and certifications. Maintain the capacity to flex the training and communication strategy to enhance our ability to prevent and detect compliance risk.
- Collaborate with colleagues across all functions to create customized training programs and targeted communications relatable to Zoetis colleagues and informed by evolving operational compliance needs and various risk assessments; closely coordinate development and implementation with the Zoetis Communications and the Learning & Development teams to ensure effective deployment and detailed completion metrics.
- Maintain, manage and oversee the Zoetis Compliance Champions Network; a team of 60+ Zoetis colleagues in various functions/titles who support the Compliance Program globally.
- Maintain, manage and oversee updating of Zoetis corporate policies and procedures (including accompanying guidance, job aids and resources for clear and effective application by colleagues), and the systems for hosting the policies and procedures.
- Support compliance training deployment globally by leveraging the support and assistance of colleagues locally, including the Compliance Champions Network and other key operations and support function colleagues. Develop and implement metrics for measuring the effectiveness of training and communications, obtaining feedback from colleagues, and applying the results to continuously improve the effectiveness of trainings and communications.
- Establish uniform and consistent practices for timely updating policies and procedures, maintaining version control; enhancing accessibility and use, deploying communications and micro trainings to accompany key updates in collaboration and coordination with key policy owners.
- Implement and test controls, develop metrics and feedback for measuring and continuously improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures and utilization rates.
- Establish effective, highly collaborative relationships with key operational leaders across Zoetis, various eLearning vendors for delivery of high-value, low cost, targeted support of the overall compliance training plan.
- Extensive collaboration with the other Compliance Lead Counsels (Helpline & Investigations, Monitoring & Testing, Anti-Bribery/Corruption & Advisory, Data Privacy and Global Trade) to inform development and implementation of the annual compliance plan, and adjustments to continuously enhance program effectiveness. Lead weekly compliance operations meetings with the full compliance team.
Position/groups of primary contact:
- Global Business Units
- Global Functions
- Learning and Development
- Internal Legal Counsel
- Internal Auditors
General Qualifications (Incl. Education)
- Juris Doctorate degree preferred.
- At least 5+ years of prior compliance operations experience.
- Excellent project management and writing skills.
- Demonstrated success establishing and continuously improving compliance training, communications and policy management programs and tools in a global business setting.
- Strong capacity for teamwork to achieve Zoetis compliance program objectives; demonstrated success organizing and aligning cross-functional stakeholders on significant projects.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Substantial experience effectively managing eLearning vendors.
- Strong technical understanding of learning management and related policy support systems.
- Mastery of MS Office Tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Positive and friendly demeanor with a dynamic work ethic.
- Committed to the highest ethical standards, integrity and transparency.