Research Scientist – Immune Informatics
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Elanco Animal Health is looking for an Immune Informatics scientist to join a growing interdisciplinary global informatics team. The ideal candidate will possess broad knowledge and experience in immune informatics, antibody discovery to help build our antibody discovery platform as a solid foundation for innovative biologics with diverse formats (e.g., mAb, bispecific, etc.). The candidate will be responsible for developing computational hypothesis using computation tools for large molecule drug discovery related to chronic and infectious diseases, parasites, and other areas in animal health. This position sits in the computational sciences hub of the Elanco Research & Breakthrough Innovation, a multi-disciplinary core focused on discovery and early phase research programs.
- Apply computational techniques relevant to antibody drug discovery
- Set-up and lead NGS/sanger sequencing workflows, focusing on sequence analysis and visualization, of antibody repertoires, from various antibody discovery sources, including single B-cell based antibody discovery workflows
- Create and establish tools and dashboarding methods to annotate antibody sequence and functional data from antibody hit discovery and lead engineering campaigns
- Perform data reduction related to single cell transcriptomic analysis in infectious disease and chronic disease target discovery and research efforts
- Provide guidance to team members, on sample preparation for analysis
- Conducting literature searches for the target, structures related to the target and any other relevant or key information for preparing target dossiers
- Implement or support informatics solutions for molecule registration, production workflows, and data distribution and analysis
- Work closely with project team leads to develop project strategies and to coordinate work between Computational Sciences and Biologics discovery groups.
- Develop and apply computational strategies for optimization of biotherapeutics
- Communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators
- Attend and present your work at scientific conferences
- Actively participate in global communities of practice at Elanco
- Masters/PhD in Computational Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Applied Statistics, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Protein Engineering, Biochemistry or a related field
- Knowledge of large molecule/antibody drug discovery and basics of protein engineering, in data analysis, machine learning and statistical modeling.
- A good understanding of antibody structure and function, and various antibody display platforms.
- Strong scientific expertise and knowledge in all aspects pertaining to the NGS workflow, in the context of antibody discovery/repertoire analysis.
- Familiarity with 10X Genomics platform
- Experience with common workflow automation, scripting, and programming platforms (e.g., Python, shell scripting)
- Qualified candidates need to be authorized to work in the United States. Elanco may consider visa sponsorship if all the qualifications are met for this position.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate logically and technically
- Experience with in-silico tools for protein structure modeling is desirable, not necessary.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized with ability to analyze, and communicate data effectively
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in genomics, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, data analytics, and scientific computing to develop and implement long-term informatics strategies in key functional areas
- Familiarity with cloud HPC environments (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Programming/scripting expertise as required for developing and optimizing computational methods, workflow automation, and data analysis
- A record of scientific leadership and innovation as demonstrated by publications, presentations, and/or patents
- Ability to travel globally up to 10% of the time
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service