- 1st Shift: Monday-Friday (4AM-12:30PM)
- 4th Shift: Friday-Sunday (4AM-4:30PM) (+20% Shift Diff.)
- 5th Shift: Saturday-Monday (4PM-4:30AM) (+25% Shift Diff.)
Purpose of Job:
Production Mechanic is a maintenance position whose primary purpose is to perform routine preventative maintenances (PMs) and mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic repairs on automated production equipment. More advanced mechanics will train novice mechanics, interact with equipment vendors, inventory, and order spare parts. Senior mechanics will address PLC issues, work with engineering for equipment upgrades and installations, and write/revise maintenance procedures. A Production Mechanic is accountable for following all safety, production, quality, and maintenance procedures, using good documentation practices (GDP), and verifying assigned PMs are done on time.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work safely and follows all applicable site safety regulations and procedures.
- Follow all applicable procedures including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Detailed Operating Procedures (DOPs).
- Follow good documentation practices (GDP) while documenting preventative maintenance (PM) and repairs.
- Perform assigned PMs on or before the due date.
- Quickly initiate equipment repairs/troubleshooting when requested by our internal customers.
- Escalate major equipment problems to senior mechanics, management, and/or engineering.
- Self-driven: seek additional training/tasks when daily assignments are complete.
- Keep production and shop areas clean and organized after maintenance activities are complete.
- Identify areas for Continuous Improvement (CI) and participate in implementing the resulting CI projects.
- Log equipment downtime and repairs to track reoccurring equipment issues.
- Work as part of team to achieve department/site goals.
- Focus on customer service when interacting with our internal customers (production, quality, and engineering).
- Adhere to Zoetis standards, guidelines, and values.
- Advanced mechanics: manage spare parts and reorder when necessary.
- Advanced mechanics: engage with equipment vendors to support repairs.
- Advanced mechanics: train other mechanics on advanced troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
- Senior mechanics: support engineering with equipment modifications and change controls.
- Senior mechanics: revise/draft preventative maintenance procedures.
- Strong hands-on equipment repair or fabrication background.
- Mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting, including instrument use (multimeters, etc.)
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical & pneumatic schematics.
- Familiarity to expertise with automated equipment, including PLCs (based on mechanic level)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, & Word.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new equipment, repair techniques, software, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment.
- Understanding of adult, hands-on, training methods.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of SolidWorks (based on mechanic level).
- Basic to advanced knowledge of HVAC systems (based on mechanic level).
- Basic to advanced knowledge of PLC programming (based on mechanic level).
Highschool diploma or GED (technical degree or certification preferred)
Varies based on mechanic level (experience with automated systems preferred)Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.