This job is archived
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Provides first line of response to address process and technical issues within the Pharmaceutical and Packaging Team. Coordinates the support and engagement of other technical support within the organization as needed. Ensures engagement of Global Manufacturing Technical Services to conduct investigations and/or provide technical assistance in the preparation of QARs as appropriate based on degree of difficulty.
Conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Zoetis Values, & global regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environmental guidelines, as appropriate, etc.
- Work with colleagues within as well as outside of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing to improve process reliability, robustness, cost, and efficiency.
- Utilize Right First Time (RFT) tools and scientific reasoning when conducting investigations and/or troubleshooting manufacturing processes.
- Investigate process excursions/deviations and production issues to ensure corrective actions are identified and implemented to eliminate the root cause of the problem.
- Initiate and implement ideas to improve production process reliability from the standpoint of quality, safety, and product cost
- Takes the manufacturing lead role in the coordination, document preparation, and introduction of new production processes as well as site to site transfers to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Communicate effectively with all relevant functional groups.
- Plan and implement aspects of technical projects within areas of responsibility.
- Serve on teams (and as project leader when appropriate) for selected projects.
- Maintain and expand technical and scientific expertise.
- Ensure the highest possible degree of scientific and personal integrity.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience Requirements: Associate level -- 2 years’ experience in manufacturing; Specialist level – 4 years technical support experience in a manufacturing environment; Senior level – 8 years technical support experience in a manufacturing environment.
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
- A working knowledge of Pharmaceutical production methods and experimental design
- Experience in cGMP.
- Strong technical/analytical skills.
- Possess a high degree of personal motivation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact across divisional boundaries.
- RFT Green Belt Certified
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Manufacturing experience in Pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or testing.
- Strong understanding of mixing, drying, and tableting of bulk solids.
- Strong understanding of liquid processing.
- Strong understanding of Process Validation practices.
- Strong knowledge of Lincoln production system.
- Understanding of Biological and Pharmaceutical Packaging Processes
- Knowledge of APHIS, VMD, FDA, USDA regulations applicable to the Pharmaceutical/Biological industry
- RFT Black Belt Certified
Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.