This job is archived
Directs and coordinates daily operations of multiple manufacturing areas. This is the Blending, Filling, Capping, and Lyophilization areas. These departments run on 3 shifts. This position is responsible for continuously improving production performance in the areas of product quality; productivity; cost; delivery; production schedule attainment; safety; and cGMP compliance.
- Partners with site management to establish specific goals and deliverables for site production.
- Effectively aligns production group to site goals. Schedules, plans, coordinate, and organize operations to meet or exceed production goals.
- Establishes and measures production department’s performance and leads efforts towards process improvements.
- Analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational data to identify the root cause of nonconformity with product specifications or operational issues. Develops corrective action plans to address these issues.
- Coordinates production activities with all support functions, including purchasing, planning, maintenance, quality control, safety, etc. to optimize cross-functional efforts.
- Supports validation processes.
- Drives a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within production department by setting expectations, managing performance, and establishing open communication.
- Maintains and promotes safe operations in the area of responsibility. Ensures safety of personnel and equipment.
- Assures that all manufactured product meets or exceeds specifications.
- Responsible for ZIPs, QARs, and CAPAs within the departments. May require authoring QAR investigations and reports, utilizing Right First Time (RFT) tools and scientific reasoning
- Oversees scheduling, planning, and prioritization of maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate standards and state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a good state of housekeeping in the plant at all times.
- Deliver training as required to maintain current and new operator certification.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean concepts and ensures colleagues are trained and utilizing these tools within the departments. Responsible for the continuous improvement of operations, cost, quality and safety within facility
- Team Leaders and Process Specialists. The Manufacturing Manager provides direct supervision for Team Leaders and Process Specialists in Manufacturing.
Operators (at all levels). The Manufacturing Manager provides indirect supervision for Operators on the shop floor (e.g., task assignment, skill development, enforcement of standard work, etc.)
- Responsible for management of departmental budget and production absorption, product costs
- Responsible for delivering Cost Improvement Projects (CIP).
- BOM accuracy to include materials, labor and overtime hours are managed.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS with 9-13 years of experience OR MBA/MS with 7-11 years of experience within multiple departments at the site. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Virology, Immunology, or related technical field.
- Must have strong technical/analytical skills and possess a high degree of personal motivation.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of production systems and outlines of production documents a plus
Technical Skills Requirements
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operation and process equipment.
- Relevant manufacturing or analytical experience in microbiology, biology, engineering, or other scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Zoetis Core Beliefs and leadership competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, develop and motivate teams.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with team colleagues including senior leadership
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Practical and decisive decision making ability
- Ability to methodically perform tasks associated with the production process
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven transformation success in departments within span of control
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated results driven from Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Green Belt certification, if currently doesn’t have Green Belt certification, commitment to obtain green belt certification within 1 year of training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Ability to best utilize down time in coordination with maintenance and other functions
- Ability to work with mathematical and statistical concepts. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw or interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and to deal with abstract and contract variables.
- Thorough knowledge of 9CFR and EU regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
Physical Position Requirements
Physical Demands: Sitting, Writing, Typing, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Lifting.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in environments with extreme temperature (hot /cold) & humidity, with limited lighting and in crowded spaces. The noise of these work environments are typical office noises.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.