As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Why Work at Elanco? We Save Puppies!
Working at a monoclonal antibody start-up facility in Elwood, Kansas presents an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research: Monoclonal antibodies are an innovative type of biologic drug that can target specific molecules in the body to treat a variety of diseases, including cancer and autoimmune disorders. Working at a start-up facility that is developing and manufacturing these drugs at a commercial scale is an opportunity to be on the forefront of medical research and contribute to developing treatments that can have a significant impact on pets' lives. Our newest product is a one-time injection that is 100% effective in curing the deadly parvovirus in puppies! Elwood is 60 min North of downtown Kansas City and 15 min from St. Joseph, MO.
This Position has the responsibility of providing technical knowledge and assistance to management and personnel of the labeling and packaging, label control, filling, maintenance, product supply, quality assurance, change management, TSMS, shipping & warehousing, regulatory affairs, R&D and sales and marketing departments. The Position also executes the capital plan for small and large scale equipment expansion/upgrade projects in line with the strategic plan of the company; including purchase and installation of labeling and packaging equipment and improvement of processes.
- Provide labeling and packaging materials and processes technical knowledge to develop and specify printed packaging materials (PPMs) and create specifications and templates for PPMs.
- Provide technical knowledge of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging materials to develop and specify packaging materials and create specifications for such materials.
- Provide packaging engineering knowledge and support to labeling and packaging, label control, filling, supply planning, TSMS, sales and marketing, R&D, maintenance and quality assurance departments.
- Provide technical knowledge for investigation and remediation of material quality issues and product quality complaints associated with labeling and packaging, label control, filling, supply planning and shipping & warehouse departments.
- Interface with PPM and primary, secondary and tertiary packaging material suppliers to prevent, correct and resolve material quality and supply issues.
- Interface with product managers, sales and marketing, quality assurance, filling, packaging and labeling, regulatory affairs and R&D personnel.
- Design and develop new product presentation packaging materials.
- Maintain uniformity of materials to minimize change-over time on packaging lines.
- Follow industry trends to propose and implement new and improved packaging materials and processes to improve packaging and labeling efficiency and equipment utilization.
- Provide engineering support in development of equipment specifications, (URS, functional specification, detail design) for small and large scale equipment projects. Work with end-users and stakeholders to develop a successful URS to facilitate the project.
- Work with vendors and stake holders on design, installation, commissioning, factory acceptance test, startup, and validation of equipment and facility. Design, planning, document review; ensure right first time, successful startup of new or improved equipment.
- Review proposals, documents to verify adherence to project scope and technical expectations. Projects are completed with the budget funding.
- Support development of capital budget for equipment upgrades and modifications. Provide input into the capital plan with regards to labeling and packaging department needs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or five years’ experience in packaging engineering role.
- Technical knowledge of PPMs and primary, secondary and tertiary packaging materials
- Knowledge of cGMPs for vaccine/pharmaceutical production processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to customer service.
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize, and coordinate project activities as activities impact strategic and operation strategies
- Ability to understand, evaluate, and implement validation strategies in tandem with project activities.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status