This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Maintenance Technician will perform maintenance duties within a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) facility. All work needs to be completed with the highest standards. Safety, Quality and good documentation practices are a must.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Responsible for production support and maintenance of production equipment such as tanks, mixers, reactors, pumps, filters, washers, sterilizers, filling equipment and solids processing equipment
- Responsible for facility maintenance and operation of all equipment including boilers, air handling units, exhaust fans, dust collectors, purified water system, air compressors, air dryers, wastewater treatment, refrigerators and plumbing fixtures
- Assists in the construction and validation of a cGMP manufacturing facility.
- Required to operate a forklift and personnel lift.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment as instructed by the maintenance management system.
- Responsible for training on all applicable SOP’s per Quality Assurance guidelines
- Fully trained in the occupational safety and health programs including lock out tag out, confined space and fall protection.
Minimum Skills required:
- High School diploma or GED
- Broad knowledge of carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and HVAC maintenance and repair
- Willing to obtain an EPA refrigerant certification.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and work with a team.
- Preference to candidate that has experience in pharmaceutical plant maintenance and calibration
- Preference to candidate that has experience with PLC (Programmed Logic Controller) troubleshooting, programing and wiring
- Experience with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) manufacturing maintenance and documentation
- Previous industrial plant safety training is preferred.
- Previous experience with utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Completion of Post Offer Exam (POE), Completion of Work Simulation (SIM) or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- The position requires the employee to come to the site in Elwood, KS Monday through Friday during business hours with occasional weekend/holiday work as required.
- There will be days when the employee is required to work longer than 8 hours depending on workload.
- Employee will be required to lift heavy loads of 50 lbs or more.
- Employee will be required to climb ladders and work on the rooftop of the building.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status