This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Job Summary: The process team member is responsible for the technical support for Production operations with respect to the process, the equipment, troubleshooting, delivering capital improvements, data analysis, and regulatory compliance. The process team member will play a key role in reducing variability and increasing reliability.
- Position will act as a subject matter expert and bridge technical gaps to a Project Manager or be the Project Manager in all aspects of Capital and non-Capital projects, from initial scoping through final execution.
- Providing continuous improvement to the process and equipment which may involve design, estimating, proposals, finance management and implementation of projects. Work with other departments to complete the assigned task.
- The Process Team Engineer may be assigned to a Process Team. The Process Team Engineer will become the equipment expert and asset steward within the scope of the Process Team. Such as knowing the basis of design for equipment, control strategy and the hazards of manufacturing process.
- Process Team Engineers will provide support from initial equipment qualification and throughout asset life cycle. Ensuring the assigned equipment is properly maintained/monitored by creating or approving PM plans. Management of daily operations by using statistical tools, historian charts and Root Cause analysis.
- Process Team Engineers will maintain and generate documents that ensures compliance with local, state, federal and international codes and regulations such as cGMP, CAPA’s and Change Control
- Documenting and learning official resources such as: Process flow, Piping and instrument diagrams, Equipment Flow and Site flow documents.
- Be knowledgeable on the computer support systems to provide assistance in troubleshooting the process, analyzing data and conversing with operators. Providing continuous improvement into the process, which will involve working with maintenance, production and others.
- Process Team Engineers will continuously apply the Elanco goals for safety first objective by evaluating equipment for potential safety concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be effective in keeping lines of communication and information flow open, as interaction with others in this position is critical.
- Should be proficient in Engineering based software tools such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is expected.
- Knowledge and experience in project management.
- Demonstrated analytical skill / problem solving skills - identifies problems; recognizes symptoms, causes, and alternative solutions; makes timely, sound decisions even under risk and uncertainty.
- Provide 24 hour process and system support to enable business continuity for production.
- Prior experience working closely with manufacturing personnel to develop process control requirements.
- 2+ years experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry such as animal health or human pharma highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations including cGMP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, EU Annex 11 and NEC strongly desired.
- Project management including the responsibility for hands-on scoping, design, configuration, validation, deployment and maintenance for new Production control and related systems and system upgrades.
- The position has no direct reports but may manage contractors in conjunction with project implementation.
- This position requires the ability to interface with a variety of departments, including Management Leadership, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Process Team Leaders and other departments to ensure proper communication on tasks being performed.
- May be required to participate in site or global cross-functional teams with a defined scope and duration.
- Travel: Minimal < 5%
- Location: Fort Dodge, IA (Onsite)
- **RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE **
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status