As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Job Description/Position Posting Template
Operator I, II, Sr-Production
Position Type: FTE/FDE
Pay Grade Level: B1 to B3
Location: Kansas – Overland Park
Job Function: Mfg Ops
Tech Ladder Approved:
Supervisor: Mfg Supervisor
Internal Posting Dates: From: To:
Manufacturing – Adhere to Safety, Quality, and all other applicable company, site and departmental procedures, policies, practices and goals.
Follow processing instructions according to the written manufacturing tickets.
Setup, operate, calibrate and clean manufacturing equipment; also cleaning suites and commons area as well as performs general housekeeping tasks.
Demonstrate technical skills and problem solving skills. Must have good attention to detail and be able to follow written and verbal directions.
Participates in departmental quality initiatives: Adheres to cGMP guidelines all process activities.
Constantly monitor product quality. Check and verify processing steps during manufacturing. Consistently demonstrate good documentation practices.
Follows proper documentation and verification guidelines as they apply to all processing documents; e.g., batch production records, SOP's, equipment, log sheets, and sample submission.
Process Improvement – Strong process team focus to drive continuous improvement. Actively participate in safety vigilance and safety improvement programs.
Team Work Excellence – to work in a team environment. Flexible and will to assist others in the work group in a proactive manner. Participate in process team meetings and departmental meetings
Recognizes and communicates process improvements and problems to team members (peers, supervision, and technical support personnel).
Suggests and implements departmental safety improvements while incorporating safety into daily activities.
Operator is expected to recognize problem situations, troubleshoot, and determine root causes using data.
Positive attitude toward customers. Positive attitude towards colleagues. Accept and give feedback in a positive manor
- Manufacturing and/or Quality background
- Manual labor is involved; lifting up to 50 pounds may be possible
- Mechanical aptitude is helpful for setup and operating of equipment
- Must be able to wear required PPE and be able to comply and follow all gowning requirements (e.g. gloves, safety glasses, wear uniform, disposable gowning, steel-toed shoes, dust mask and full loose fitting PAPR hoods; must obtain fit testing and medical clearance for mask and hood)
- Demonstrate technical skills and problem solving skills. Must have good attention to detail and be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Positive attitude toward customers. Positive attitude towards Colleagues. Accept and give feedback in a positive manor
- Applicants should be capable of working with minimum supervision, have good communication skills and be detail oriented.
- Applicants must be proficient in reading and understanding detailed instructions and is able to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Applicants must also be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a routine basis and operate within Safe Ergonomic Guidelines. The position requires continual standing, lifting, pulling, and use of extremities.
- All candidates must provide personal and professional references.
- Candidates should have no attendance or disciplinary actions pending in their current employment situation.
- Background checks may be required. Drug and/or alcohol testing may be required.
- Strong mechanical and computer skills helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to assist others outside areas of assigned task.
- High School or equivalent
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Language Requirement – Fluent English
- This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service