This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Bio Process Scientist supports upstream & downstream processing for poultry vaccine production. This role is accountable for enhancing understanding of the scientific principles that underscore the manufacturing processes and capabilities and leveraging these to solve complex challenges. The incumbent will collaborate with Scientists and Engineers to deliver on a technical agenda focused on process improvement, process trouble shooting, and process capability/control.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies to improve existing manufacturing processes and collaborate with TS/MS-Scientists in corrections needed to maintain them in a compliant state with the current Quality Management System (Change Control Process) and Regulatory Regulations
- Support trouble shooting and Root Cause Analysis in Critical Process Deviations to prevent its recurrence, independently or in collaboration with multifunctional teams.
- Provide liaison and support to Quality Control (QC) and Analytical Science and Technology (AS&T) for assay performance troubleshooting and improvement.
- Provides liaison and support to Elanco R&D for development and technical transfer of newly developed vaccines to site or existing vaccines site-to-site.
- Supports Elanco Manufacturability Review process for veterinary vaccines.
- Owns and oversees the process flow for the technical services laboratory
- Independently and collaboratively lead and execute experiments that identify the real root cause and/or process optimization.
- Perform process capability analysis.
- Master’s degree in Poultry Science or related animal science field OR a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Veterinary Sciences, or other related field with 3+ years of experience in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- Position requires schedule flexibility including some nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
- Ability to manage projects within an agreed time schedule.
- Experience in animal health industry with egg virus, tissue culture, seed production and/or fermentation
- Possesses working knowledge of Lyophilization, Tangential Flow Filtration, Centrifugation, Emulsification and/or Filling.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status