As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Stewardship of projects related to process improvement, process trouble shooting, and process capability/control. Position requires strong interpersonal and collaborative skills and effectively work at different levels and functions at the organization. Collaboration in the setup of yearly objectives to accomplish the department and company goals. Responsible to run, coordinate and maintain all the activities related to the TS/MS laboratory and its extended activities.
- Identify and prioritize strategies to reduce/mitigate negative impact on Site’s key success factors
- Performs trouble shooting and Root Cause Analysis in Critical Process Deviations to prevent its recurrence, independently or in collaboration with multifunctional teams
- Provide liaison and support to local and network Quality Control (QC) and Analytical Science and Technology (AS&T) for assay performance troubleshooting and improvement
- Provides liaison and support to Elanco R&D for development and technical transfer of newly developed vaccines to site or existing vaccines site-to-site
- Supports Elanco Manufacturability Review process for veterinary vaccines
- Develop short- and long-term strategies to improve existing manufacturing processes and collaborate with TS/MS-Scientists in corrections needed in the processes to maintain them in a capable state
- Independently and collaboratively lead and execute experiments that identify the real root cause
- Suggest changes/improvements to update or improve existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and manufacturing batch records as it is needed
- Perform and suggest changes to the processes maintaining the compliance with the current Quality Management System (Change Control Process) and Regulatory Regulations
- Identify critical parameters in the production processes, analyze trends and perform statistical analysis to support changes and propose solutions
- Perform process capability analysis
- Collaborate with Regulatory Affairs in the justification of changes in Special Outlines and Outlines of Production as needed
- Coordinate all the activities required for the manufacture of Production Seeds in collaboration with the Quality Control and Operations functions.
- Create written documents such but not limited to scientific protocols, final reports, engineering runs and plant trials
- Train operators, laboratory technicians, supervisors, etc., when new process, equipment or methodologies are implemented in the required functional area (s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Veterinary Sciences, or other related field
- Experience in animal health industry with egg virus, tissue culture, seed production and fermentation would be a plus
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- Possesses working knowledge in downstream processing for vaccine production, e.g. Lyophilization, Tangential Flow Filtration, Centrifugation, Emulsification, Filling, etc.
- Possesses working knowledge in vaccine antigen production and downstream processes, e.g. Tissue Culture, Fermentation, Chicken Embryo Origin Processes, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to manage projects within an agreed time schedule
- Position requires schedule flexibility including some nights and weekends. May require some (10-25%) travel to assists other manufacturing sites
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status