As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Change Agent will work closely with targeted departments and work groups at Clinton Labs and Terre Haute to provide coaching and leadership for the implementation of Operational Excellence (OE) concepts. The change agent will be responsible for completing the necessary training and working with the Supervisors and department employees to identify improvement opportunities and to help make implementation a practical reality.
This position will have a one-tome sign-on bonus of $2,500!
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
1. Develop OE expertise to enable the ability to coach and help implement key OE principles and practices.
- Waste Reduction
- Systematic Problem Solving
- Utilizing The Best Of All Employees
- Standard Work
- Smooth Flow Concepts
2. Successfully complete the OE/Lean training requirements.
3. Partner with all department personnel to develop employees’ ability to identify continuous improvement ideas, prioritizing and implementing the best of those ideas.
4. Champion the use of measures to ensure that improvements are quantifiable and project plans are driving real benefit.
5. Utilize tools such as standard work to ensure improvements are sustainable.
6. Work in such a way that trust is developed with the department and associated personnel.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Excellent interpersonal/interaction skills
- Experience working in operations, maintenance, or QC laboratory
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to influence
- Ability to work autonomously
- The amount of Overtime (OT) varies by area (department) and individual role. It is neither consistent nor regular. It will fluctuate between 0% to more than 20% over the calendar year.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Supervisor or strong informal leadership experience is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Shift is Monday through Friday.
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status