This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Elanco Manufacturing Scientist/Chemist Associate
Who We Are:
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 9,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are located in Greenfield, Indiana.
- Currently attending school and will be graduating in a BA BS or MS scientific discipline program in at least one of the following: Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry, Bio analytical or Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Micro Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this employment position
Scientists at Elanco Manufacturing are responsible for:
- Ensuring reliability of our manufacturing and utility systems
- Searching for and implementing continuous improvements
- Maintaining our facilities and processes in a state of compliance with US and global regulations
- Managing capital projects
- Designing and developing drug delivery systems
The positions are entry level scientist positions in the Tech Services Manufacturing Sciences (TSMS) or Quality organizations. They will be made available beginning in Jan 2023 (for Dec ’22 grads) or Jun 2022 (for May ’23 grads) and will be in areas like science and technology, direct process support as well as analytical laboratory support. The positions expose one to the technology, science, and regulatory requirements for making commercialized animal health medicine and products in multiple therapeutic areas.
Scientists actively contribute to the TSMS and Quality organizations, building a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the role scientists play in creating solutions for Elanco US Inc. Scientists interact with other engineering, manufacturing, development, and other science professionals.
- Project opportunities are available in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Bulk Manufacturing and Packing for Animal Health Products
- Testing for in process controls or final sample release for Animal Health Products
Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business related technical project
- Understand the scientific principles required for manufacturing pharmaceutical substances, including the interaction of the chemistry and equipment
- Provide technical support to non-routine (e.g. deviation) investigations
- Be capable of preparing relevant technical documents, such as Reports, Change Controls, Regulatory submissions, Deviations, Protocols, etc.
- Utilize the principles of Good Laboratory Practices/Good Manufacturing Practices and principles to analyze process intermediates, active Pharma ingredients, and drug product in a Quality Control Lab (QCL) using analytical techniques such as: wet chemistry, HPLC, ICP, AA, Titration, and/or Microbiological Assays
- Actively run a technical improvement agenda within area of responsibility to drive process improvement
- Monitor and appropriately react to established statistically based metrics in real-time to assess process variability and capability
- Work within cross-functional teams in a positive fashion to implement TSMS or Quality objectives and deliver on business plan and quality objectives
- Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
- Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected statu
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status