This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
This position will be a member of the Clinton Leadership Team (CLT). As the site’s financial expert, the advisor/director will be responsible for financial reporting and financial management of the entire site including: Balance sheet, income statement, Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation, execution and sub-certification processes as well as business relationships and contracting. As one of the senior leaders for the site, the advisor/director will participate in strategy, health and safety; contribute to CLT dialog as well as broader leadership activities including: quality updates, plant presentations and other plant wide initiatives. This position is the primary investor advocate in the business and is responsible to ensure that the shareholder’s interests are part of every business conversation. This position will have primary general manager support responsibility and will lead the business performance portion of monthly reporting to senior Elanco management.
The advisor/director will supervise the senior financial analyst/analyst/consultant in all regards. This will include all supervisory responsibilities (HR, C&B, performance, etc.) as well as supervising the senior financial analyst/analyst/consultant’s preparation for metric reporting and annual business planning activities including setting capacities, standard costing and business partner interaction. On a monthly basis the advisor/director will help ensure that expenses, variances and inventories at Clinton Labs are accurate and timely in their reporting and that forecasts are accurate representations of our expectation of monthly results.
Primary areas of responsibility include financial control processes, segments of financial planning, reporting and forecasting, and special projects including support for six sigma efforts. An understanding of core accounting principles is key to success in this role.
In addition to the primary areas of financial responsibility, the advisor/director will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and execution of the full suite of Sarbanes-Oxley controls as well as ensuring that appropriate controls are in place for all plant site assets and transactions. This responsibility will include signing the quarterly sub-certification, reviewing all controls and monthly documentation and leading internal and external auditors through the controls, asset verifications and documentation reviews as required.
Developing an understanding of operations at Clinton and of the broader Elanco business will prove central to delivering maximum value in this role. The financial advisor/director is expected to bring financial and business perspective to day-to-day operations by interpreting financial data and presenting pertinent information. Opportunity to support special projects that help improve the business and develop the consultant/manager’s sphere of influence will emerge as the analyst learns the site.
Providing timely and useful metrics and analyses that promote focus, alignment and accountability for our business partners is also key deliverable. In addition to all operations and support groups at Clinton Labs, key customers include manufacturing financial services in Indianapolis, and Elanco financial in Greenfield.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Finance qualification (such as CPA, Finance degree, master's in finance, MBA)
- Minimum 5 years Accounting/Finance experience.
- Analytical thinker.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant system landscape (SAP, SAP BW, etc.)
- Ability and experience to communicate across all levels
- Enthusiastic about leading and driving improvement and change
- Strategic and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with stakeholders across functions
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- People management and development.
- Financial Stewardship - Key involvement in control processes and in forecast and closing activities and resulting management reporting providing analysis and explanation of business partner performance. Lead Clinton financial team in monthly closing activities. Maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Reporting including Early Warning for financial KPIs to Site Management and Global Manufacturing Finance
- Deliver the site’s plan commitments through facilitation of the business plan, accountability focus and influencing decisions and performance.
- Lead the business annual and long-range planning activities.
- Proactive participation in CLT to maintain and enhance business decision making, governance, early identification of business risks and contingency development.
- Business Partnering - Understand the operations of the site and the key drivers of performance and leverage that understanding in helping business partners make sound resource allocation decisions and evaluate special projects.
- Business Planning Activities – Lead the finance team and our business partners in business planning activities including cost center expense planning, developing standard costs, planning absorption and variances, and analysis of results.
- Prepare Elanco cash earning calculations including sensitivity analysis for investment projects and other scenarios
- Knowledge Sharing - Work with the financial staff at Clinton and across other manufacturing sites to share key learning and help drive continuous improvement in manufacturing finance.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status