As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Sr. Commercial Operations Analyst will lead the analytical and strategic input to the commercial business in the development and execution of planning, pricing, and rebates.
The individual in this position will be responsible for overall pricing governance, end to end rebate design & execution process, lead monthly rebate accruals review & PRV (Price, Rate, Volume) analysis, business partnership with the commercial team, Vistex SME for the affiliate and key support for project Mustang go-live on matters related to rebates and pricing.
This role will include collaborating cross functionally with various teams including Sales, Marketing, Vistex design team. The responsibilities in this role will be performed in close alignment with the Controller and CFO of Elanco Canada Affiliate.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Participate in Business Knowledge Transfer (BKT) between Vistex design team and local affiliate, support Mustang go-live on rebates and pricing workstreams.
- Ensure Vistex approval workflow and enhancements are working effectively, proactively highlight any issues to global project or Vistex team.
- Affiliate owner of all the Vistex testing as part of project Mustang.
Rebate Modelling & Execution
- Management and administration of customer rebate programs in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for overall rebate modelling in tableau, rebate analysis, ACE (Alternative Channel Expansions) entitlement tracking, rebate accruals simulation and management
- Key analytical resource supporting commercial with inputs on various rebate program designs and effectiveness for better business decision making
- Lead the regular monthly rebate accruals and true-up review meeting with the CFO and controller
- Monthly reconciliation of rebate accruals GL balance vs, program tracking balance
- Drive rebate process governance and best practice within the Affiliate
Pricing Governance & Reporting
- Lead and drive the pricing governance process for the Affiliate, providing analytical support on pricing proposals being tabled to pricing committee.
- Run the monthly Affiliate pricing committee meeting, engage and obtain pricing approvals/inputs from all committee members and key stakeholders.
- Ownership of G2N for the Canada Affiliate, tracking, reporting, investigating variances and potential opportunities to mitigate losses or deliver pricing target.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with commercial business on establishing annual SAP pricing set-up, annual contracts and ad hoc bids
- In partnership with sales and marketing leaders, establish and prepare business performance reporting, tracking and analysis to support commercial teams
- Support in the generation/configuration of customer facing reports in Tableau
- Demonstrate a strong compliance-oriented mindset & overall governance on pricing controls
- Business partnership and cross functional collaboration
- Supporting the CFO and Controller on ad hoc projects and tasks
Minimum Qualification :
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or other related field, and equivalent relevant work experience
- Analytical, strategic thinking, planning and execution skills.
- Strong business communication skills – verbal, written and interpersonal
- Proactive, problem solving and time management skills
- Attention to detail, and drive to execute efficiently & effectively
- Strong business acumen, personal accountability, and strong drive for execution
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks, delivering within timelines
- Ability to work in local/regional/global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels & disciplines as well as external stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluency in English language
- Experience on rebate calculations
- Numeric skills to interpret data
- Experience with SAP S4/HANA ERP system
- Tableau proficiency
This is a hybrid role with expectation to be able to work from our Mississauga office and from home office
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status