This job is archived
- Help build and maintain a culture of innovation. Create a competitive edge by developing new offerings and services through innovation.
- Evaluate new technologies, leverage internal and external perspectives to the organization, and evaluate new capabilities that can bring value, support growth, and create strategic advantage to ensure long term evolution.
- Oversee and implement changes in approaches, methods, and processes to enhance competitiveness and improve organizational efficiencies.
- Collaborate with all departments identifying and driving opportunities for innovation throughout entire organization.
- Leverage data sets, information, and analytics to drive development of ideas, concepts, and feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize the Business Intelligence and Analysts to identify and track progress and future projects. Design projects and guide teams involved to accomplish process identified.
- Lead specialized, multi-functional, teams on projects that have the potential to disrupt current and future markets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of diversified leadership roles experience providing support in Innovation and management required
- Veterinary industry experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employment policies, operating instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Basic computer skills, ability to operate a Windows-based computer and data entry
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Ability to analyze and strategize
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and customer service skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Attention to detail critical to ensure accuracy and completion of objectives
- Regular interaction with people, team player
- Fast pace of work, requires multi-tasking, etc
- Ability to work long hours as needs arise
- Frequent use of a telephone – listening and speaking
- Frequent use of a computer using Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or similar for teleconference meetings
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
- Frequent use of hands for writing and computer keyboard, etc
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard and terminal, telephone, fax, and copier.
Work will typically be performed Monday through Friday. Occasional travel for training, meetings, trade shows, or as required by management, which may include overnights and weekends.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please click here to visit our Careers page. California residents, click here to view the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.