This job is archived
(Archived) Vice President of Sales, Marketing, and Business Development
Pet Flavors, Inc. of Melbourne, FL seeks a seasoned animal health professional to fill this key commercial position in their small but highly successful company. The company markets palatants to animal health pharmaceutical developers. The company seeks candidates with strong commercial experience in the overall drug development process and good commercial contacts among the major developers. The candidate must be self-sufficient and be able to operate independently in the company known for its connected, small company culture.
- Overall management of commercial activity for the business.
- To plan and achieve the short-term, mid-term and long-term sales (and marketing) goals of the company
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the strategic development of the flavorings business in the animal health space.
- Contribute actively to management team
- Work closely with leadership team to identify, update and layout the mid-term and long-term Company strategy
- To collaborate with other functions and operations to offer and deliver best options to target partners/pharma development companies.
- Build a strong service culture and customer experience so that the company is seen as the preferred solution provider by customers
- Call on all appropriate target companies, focusing initial in marketing/product development teams, recognizing that follow-up targets will be formulations, development, procurement, and regulatory teams
- Define pricing, product positioning and strategy
- Prepare self as needed for potential to assume top leadership role, in such case identify and development successor
- Bachelor’s degree related to animal health, and/or business, and/or marketing. MBA preferred.
- 10 years' solid working experiences with good business acumen in the animal health and/or veterinary industries.
- A deep understanding of the animal health industry and market (e.g., knowledge of the animal health macro environment, competitive landscape, future trends, SWOT analysis of key competitors, etc.).
- A clear understanding of development and marketing trends for oral products, competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of and experience in collaborating with teams in companies in the animal health industry, a team player.
- Strong capabilities in leadership (leading, developing and coaching an efficient team),especially inspiring, influencing, problem-solving, challenging leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking, analytical ability, detail orientation, teamwork spirit, proactiveness and resilience.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Integrity and self-motivation
- A self-starter, self-motivated to win, has a “Hunter” mentality
Travel required, 25-50%.
$250k, plus 20% bonus eligibility and equity potential.