This individual will be responsible for managing the state and local tax indirect tax function at Zoetis.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, support of all US indirect tax compliance, reporting, audits, planning, and integration activities. In addition, the candidate will manage the compliance and audits with US personal property and the identification, negotiation and US compliance for credit and incentives.
- Interface with leadership, internal & external customers, Information Technology and other key stakeholders within the company to provide highly effective and efficient end-to-end processes.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate indirect tax compliance function and ensure compliance of sales and use tax, property tax, and business license obligations by co-sourcing relationships with external advisors.
- Manage implementation of sales and use tax software including coordination with external advisors and internal software users.
- Oversight of sales and use, personal property and real estate tax audits.
- Lead the implementation of processes as a result of new business practices, mergers and acquisitions, or tax legislation.
- Research and communicate proposed and enacted changes in sales and use tax laws and direct any updates and/or tax system changes, including impact to reserves (ASC 450)
- Work with business units to improve tax systems and resolve tax disputes.
- Review indirect tax account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with external auditor to comply with year-end audit inquires;
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on various indirect tax questions and tax planning matters;
- Manage and lead a team of 1-2 professionals, and
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- CPA preferred.
- Master’s in taxation and/or J.D. a plus.
- 8-10 years of relevant indirect experience.
- Proficient tax and non-tax (e.g. MS Excel) software skills a must.
- Experience with SAP and OneSource are a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and project management skills required.
- Experience with handling and negotiating US indirect tax audits.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and communicating complicated tax issues in terms of impact on business operations.
- Ability to successfully manage and lead teams and people
- Strong analytical, technical, and technology skills.
- Strong knowledge of indirect tax process.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and communicate a broad range of tax opportunities and risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with cross functional teams.
- Ability to embrace change and be flexible to changing business needs.
- Well-organized with an attention to detail.
- Strong process and project management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.