This job is archived
This role is responsible for all facets of the site’s automation systems, security, utilities and appearance of surrounding site buildings and grounds. This role will develop and manage multi-function teams that include Quality, Manufacturing, Supply chain and others as needed in order to maintain compliance with all applicable codes and regulatory requirements.
- Work cooperatively with Engineering and Maintenance teams to deliver projects, on schedule and within budget.
- Manage day to day activities of utility technician and incinerator teams.
- Continously identify and implement improvements within EMU.
- Manage frequent communications and conduct regularly scheduled meetings with appropriate Project Teams and site stakeholders.
- Responsible to keep the site current on and ensure that all applicable local, state and federal regulatory and code requirements are met.
- Responsible for providing data to the EMU Lead to budget for future improvements, Capital spend and expense budget development.
- Maintain technical skills in the latest techniques for project management and engineering technology as applied to facilities and equipment design, construction and plant operation.
- Provide effective and timely management of employee relations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage colleague development goals to ensure best in class performance management for all colleagues – set realistic individual goals and deadlines and manage individual performance to obtain them. Interface regularly with team members, site customers and leadership on assigned projects to communicate status, manage expectations, resolve issues, and ensure top quality service.
- Includes quarterly performance review and alignment to site goals.
- Daily management of colleague expectations and site priorities.
Automation specific responsibilities:
- Manage a team of automation specialists, technicians, and contract resources to complete automation projects, troubleshooting, and implementation of automation solutions at the Charles City facility.
- Administration of all Building Management System (BMS) related systems, and operational responsibility for those systems and providing backup to direct reports that perform those essential functions. Responsibility for oversight of daily activities related to BMS systems operation and maintenance.
- Manage safety related investigations, including initial event summary to site leadership, as required.
- Perform the administration, change, configuration, design, development, deployment, evolution, integration, maintenance, and qualification of assigned Equipment Control Systems, Process Control Systems, and Historical Data Systems.
- Own GMP automation systems in a current, secure, and validated state in accordance with Zoetis SOP’s, Zoetis Quality Standards (PQS), CFR21 Part 11, ISPE Good Automation Manufacturing Practices (cGAMP), and Good Computer System Validation Practices.
- Manage all site automation and related information needs. Drive active and regular engagement with all customers to understand their business drivers and needs and identify opportunities where automation technology can add benefit.
- Maintain knowledge of updated and new automation technologies and industry practices and recommend adopting or deploying as necessary to enhance automation effectiveness and ensure continued viability of installed infrastructure.
- Install, maintain, and inspect control system and workstation installations throughout the facility. Inspect and review manufacturing equipment installations for design and troubleshooting purposes.
- Provide periodic system operation training on the assigned automation systems. Provide technical support and training for Charles City Operations maintenance and operations teams.
- Provide 24 x 7 troubleshooting and maintenance support for all assigned automation systems.
Facilities specific responsibilities:
This role will lead all efforts to maintain and improve site buildings, grounds and infrastructure. This includes personnel management and oversight of site utility areas including the steam plant, incinerator and out buildings across the site.
- Manage site security to continually improve upon site standards in accordance with Zoetis policy.
- Management of the security contractors to maintain site preparedness.
- Identify, own, and lead projects to continually improve site fire alarm, video surveillance and security platforms.
- Ownership of the site utility equipment. Responsible for leading and developing technicians to maintain current site utility equipment.
- Communicate to site stakeholders of any Utility related issues or outages.
- Own and lead the annual steam trap review and replacement program.
- Facility Infrastructure
- Owner of the site energy consumption and develop methodolgies for improvements in efficiencies or utilization.
- Develop and partner closely with EMU team to communicate a comprehensive plan for maintaining and improving site energy efficiencies, buildings and undergrounds as required.
- Drive partnership with site stakeholders to ensure all buildings are meeting all applicable code and regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors level degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, preferred) or Equivalent with 9-13 years’ relevant experience.
- Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: PMP Certification or PE License preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of any organization.