This job is archived
The Director, Global Commercial Development, Petcare Parasiticides is responsible with key stakeholders for lifecycle management of Zoetis’ global Parasiticide portfolio and for leading commercial input into the global Parasiticide pipeline. The Director will partner with VMRD, GMS and the lead markets to ensure that commercial and market input and needs are incorporated into all lifecycle and new product planning. The Director will chair the multi-functional Global Asset Team for Global Parasiticides and will lead a matrixed team of colleagues from all lead markets in lifecycle planning, market and asset development activities. He/She will work closely with the Global Technical Lead for Parasiticides who is part of the same Global Commercial Development group.
For new products, the Director is responsible for managing all global launch activities, developing the global strategy including positioning and core messages, a global launch plan and timeline and global branding to eliminate duplication of effort and to ensure consistency across all markets. In addition, the Director will partner with lead markets to ensure that data needs for successful launch are communicated to VMRD, GMS and incorporated into either Regulatory studies or other studies in enough time to be leveraged at launch and GMS global capacity planning.
As a leader in the Zoetis organization, the Director, Global Commercial Development, Petcare Parasiticides models Zoetis core beliefs and communicates the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with Zoetis values and behaviors. He/she reports to the Head of Global Commercial Development, Petcare.
Leading the Business
- In collaboration with VMRD and the lead markets, ensure current long-term therapeutic area plans for Global Parasiticides are executed and evolve as needed.
- For Global Parasiticides, in collaboration with VMRD, GMS and the lead markets, develop and
execute robust lifecycle plans and Asset Growth Strategies.
- In collaboration with the GCD Medical Directors and VMRD, create a global publication plan to
ensure that new products and technologies are properly positioned and data is available when
determined to be most beneficial
- Lead the multi-functional Global Asset Teams for Global Parasiticides to share best practices, plan lifecycle initiatives and lead asset and market development activities for our key global assets
- Ensure that the global materials’ repository (CCV) is populated with key asset materials aligned to strategies and is leveraged globally.
- Prepare and present therapeutic area reviews and business updates to Senior Management
- Collaborate with Business Development to identify potential acquisitions that are consistent with established TA strategy.
- Track global performance of Zoetis and competitive products
- Track emerging technologies
Qualifications & Experience
These qualifications, experiences, and skills are highly desirable; however, they do not preclude exceptions based on an individual’s performance history and demonstrated potential.
- BS /BA and relevant experience required. MBA preferred
- 12+ years of in-line marketing experience and a proven record demonstrating successful strategy development and new product launches
- Experience working in Commercial Development and/or significant experience/involvement/knowledge of the product development process.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to influence without authority.
- Strong individual leadership presence.
- Strong financial analysis skills and proven ability to create forecasts and scenarios.
- Successful experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to oversee complex, cross-functional projects that require input from many internal and external stakeholders.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge and expertise in marketing disciplines; brand management; market research; communications strategy; customer insight
- Strong computer skills (MS Office and ability to learn Zoetis systems)