This job is archived
Reporting to the Head of Tech & Digital for Research & Development and the Accelerated Growth Businesses, the person in this role will have a team that is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of R&D systems and data. This person will be the expert and authority leading innovative systems designs and data usage in R&D. In addition, this person will be the business relationship manager with the Genetics R&D team helping formulate strategy and shaping business demand.
Systems and Data for All Research & Development (R&D):
- Manage onshore/offshore technical systems and data colleagues and contractors
- Develop and maintain the R&D Enterprise Architecture Diagram
- Work with business partners to define strategic solutions roadmaps
- Work with project managers to assign resources, determine solution costs, and establish project plans and timelines
- Work with the support manger to determine an operational support model
- Determine decision support solutions for experimental data generation and analysis
- Provide software and data integration for internal and external collaboration
- Provide technology & systems roadmaps that outline current and emerging technologies
- Provide resources to design and code in-house developed software applications
- Provide integration and customizations for off-the-shelf software
- Provide best practice guidelines and standards for application development
- Consult with application teams to design solutions that meet architecture standards
- Provide the process for documenting technical specifications to support solutions
- Provide resources for development support of production solutions
Business Relationship Management for Genetics within R&D:
- Gather and refine ideas for new demand to enable selection, prioritization, and execution of projects that align with strategic priorities
- Perform business analysis to document user stories and acceptance criteria for projects to ensure delivered solutions meet user needs
- Lead projects to successful conclusions by actively managing project backlog and sprint execution to meet expected deadlines
- Manage financial components such as contracts, purchase orders, etc. and ensure projects meet approved budgets
- Liaise with Genetics and IT colleagues to translate scientific and technical issues in a manner that is understood between both groups
- Manage contractual and financial project elements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar relevant discipline
Experience (at least 10 years of experience in the following areas):
- Experience of full software development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience creating or designing system architectures relating to large-scale and/or enterprise level solutions.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and actively participate on leadership teams
- Evidence of effectiveness at collaboration across organizational boundaries and significant external research/clinical/regulatory influence.
- Excellent skills in leadership, strategic planning, relationship management, verbal and written communications and customer focus.
- Experience coordinating activities with multidisciplinary teams distributed across different geographical locations and time zones
Travel Requirements: Minimal, < 5%Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.