- Operational Management
- Public Relations
- Personnel Management
- Responsible for ensuring the mental and physical health, well-being, and placement of all shelter animals and for overseeing all aspects of developing and implementing of proper medical care in accordance with the ASV Shelter Guidelines for Standards of Care including the following:
- Employment of a competent volunteer and/or paid veterinary staff
- Maintaining the required medical logs
- Ensuring a clean working environment
- Advertising and interviewing potential candidates
- Performance reviews and safety meetings
- Compliance with laws and ensuring that licensed personnel remain current with continuing education programs
- Tracking of personnel compensated absences and overtime and salary surveys and reviews
- Cross training full time/part time staff
- Negotiate insurance for employees and shelter
- Develop and keep updated: job descriptions & SOP Manual
Board of Directors from time to time.
The Executive Director will attend and volunteer, when possible, at HSSTT events
This is a full-time salaried position which sometimes requires nights and weekend availability. It is a hands-on Executive Director position.
Compensation and Benefits: The salary range is $70,000 - $100,000 including standard fringe benefits commensurate with experience and references.
Minimum Requirements: Three (3) years in a management position at a high-volume shelter. Proven track record of success in spay/neuter programs and adoptions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff members as well as donors and public.