Director of Investor Relations
The Director of Investor Relations for Zoetis will help to plan, execute, and manage the investor relations program, conveying Zoetis’ transformative vision, strategy, and compelling investment thesis. Sustain and enhance Zoetis best in class IR program through transparent, thoughtful, and credible communication to the street
- Maintain strong company and sector expertise. Continually gather, monitor, and report on marketplace intelligence to inform, educate and coach company management about financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the company. Stay apprised of market opinions, attitudes and reactions across the animal health industry and broader market. Communicate critical points to senior management.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with research analysts, institutional investors, and retail brokers. Provide timely and consistent communications regarding Zoetis’s business model, strategy, and operational and financial objectives, as well as establish realistic expectations for the Company’s performance.
- Partner with the CEO and CFO to lead and manage the Company’s participation on quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls and in-house meetings, road shows, analyst days and one-on-one meetings
- Conduct analysis and research in support of the earnings call process, including the analysis of competitor operating results and industry trends. Specifically, s/he will leverage competitive intelligence to craft a concise and differentiating message that sets Zoetis apart from its peer group.
- Track the models utilized by sell-side analysts to value/evaluate the company’s performance and communicate this information to senior leadership and other key internal constituents.
- Coordinate efforts of external firms including surveillance experts, consultants, floor traders and NYSE/NASDAQ to ensure understanding of current trends impacting publicly traded companies and to maximize the efforts of the Investor Relations department.
- Coordinate with corporate communications and legal departments on key communication issues to ensure the Company is delivering a consistent message and adhering to applicable SEC regulations on Financial Disclosures.
- Create and implement investor targeting plans that enhance our current investor base, attract new investors familiar with our sector and outreach to other sectors, styles and new geographies that may be relevant
- Converse in ESG concepts and advocate Zoetis strategy
- Understanding of disclosure laws, SEC and NYSE requirements and sound corporate governance practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
The candidate will have a strong work ethic and be highly productive in a dynamic, collaborative, and challenging environment. This position offers broad exposure to all aspects of the Company’s business, as well as significant interaction with business leaders.
The candidate should have the following key attributes:
- Possess a strong cultural acumen and adeptness in a multitude of different environments with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Naturally connects with others and builds strong relationships, demonstrating emotional intelligence, and an ability to inspire trust and confidence of others both within and outside of the company
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to write cogently and persuasively, speak articulately, think quickly in fielding questions in a public setting and create powerful presentations.
- Demonstrated an ability to distill complex information rapidly and accurately, and transform it into a concise and readily understandable message
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills, including knowledge of financial statements, valuation, capital structure, accounting, return on investment, profitability measures and operating metrics
- Experience working at companies with an excellent track record of performance and displayed leadership capability in working with senior executives
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate finance function, analyst, or investor relations role
- MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service