As a University Relations Liaison, you will be responsible for tactical execution of CAG Medical Organization’s (CMO) University Relations Programs including socialization, contract negotiations and program maintenance. You will establish, sustain and promote strategic relationships with Universities (with a focus on administration, primary care and specialty faculty). You will also maintain successful communications that provide IDEXX the opportunity to sustain trust, good will and strategic relationships with relevant and key stakeholders within Universities that are important to IDEXX success.
Please apply at https://bit.ly/2Wkv1pD
*This job is open for remote and/or office work in the US or Canada.
In this role you will:
- Implement educational content and integrate IDEXX products into educational efforts of teaching universities.
- Conduct facilitated presentations to deliver that educational content to University students, faculty, residents and interns.
- Work cross-functionally with Field Medical Specialists (FMS), the Professional Services Veterinary (PSV) team and the Education team to execute successful University programs.
- Establish and sustain relationships with Universities while providing tactical execution of CAG Medical Organization’s (CMO) University Relations Programs.
- Expand the network of IDEXX advocates within assigned universities and works with the University Relations manager to expand the University Program reach within and across universities.
- Leverage relationships to positively influence University-Industry partnerships.
- Integrate IDEXX products into educational efforts of teaching universities.
- Deliver medical content to provide education while promoting IDEXX products and their best medical practices.
- Manage communications for University Educational Program logistics and event coordination at universities. This includes managing communication to IDEXX personnel resources (FMS and PSV) for providing on-campus content delivery.
- Communicate training materials, records and progress of University Programs.
- Monitor university sales and reports on financial issues to University Relations Manager.
- Collect data and information from University Programs for strategic use by University Relations and Medical Outreach leadership.
- Conduct educational presentations on behalf of the organization at universities.
- Provide accurate information about the company to ensure information is available to universities.
- Participate in the Development of educational content for student programs at Universities.
- Supervise the efforts of the IDEXX Student Representatives at universities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to and model the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
What you need to succeed:
- DVM required.
- Advanced training and/or certification in Communications preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to build and maintain good relations with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in and knowledge of the veterinary field with an emphasis on Educational institutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of IDEXX products and services.
- Excellent working knowledge of adult learning styles and curriculum content building.
- Ability to effectively present information to various groups; ability to interact with and facilitate discussions with technical and supervisory personnel, lab and senior management.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential.
- Industry knowledge, statistical and technological skills, and the ability to communicate results clearly and efficiently to a varied audience are required.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office Applications; desktop publishing, database and spreadsheet software a plus.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Familiarity with current topics and trends in North America veterinary education
- Familiarity with current topics and issues in clinical veterinary medicine.
- Knowledge of marketing principles to develop and implement strategies to promote IDEXX is critical.
- Integrity, authenticity, respect and confidentiality; a strong, ethical professional reputation.
- Travel up to 50-75%
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Normal Office Environment (corporate and/or virtual)
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals health and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together!
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal law