This job is archived
The Manager, BioDevice Field Service role will be responsible for leading, coordinating, and managing all technical and mechanical responsibilities of the BioDevice business within assigned region. The Manager will manage a team of remote Field Service Specialists. The main responsibilities will be to ensure all BioDevice Customers receive “Best In-Class” service and support while managing regional P&L. This must be achieved through effective Leadership, coaching, and developing a team of Field Colleagues. Their goal will be to acquire and retain top talent while sustaining our ranking as a Best in Class Field Service Program. The Manager will report into the Senior Manager, BioDevice Field Service.
· Manage the Field Service Preventative Maintenance Program for an assigned area of the US
· Lead a team of 6-8 Zoetis Field Service Specialists.
· Manage Stand-By and Call-In Rotation Schedule for Specialists within assigned Territory.
· Responsible for the overall financial expenses as it relates to the business for an assigned area. This should be done by using key financial and operational data to monitor performance and improve cost efficiencies within the assigned territory.
· Conduct frequent ride alongs with all reporting Specialists. These ride alongs should be aimed at coaching and improving the day to day operations within their hatcheries.
· Utilize Zoetis Site Evaluation Program to monitor performance and success of current Field Service Preventative Maintenance Program.
· Oversee and Facilitate the routine collection and reporting of all field service information within FieldAware.
· Proactively recruit and On-Board new colleagues for the assigned area.
· Identify and Implement the training and development needs of their reporting colleagues.
· Ensures the Inovo Process Evaluation Audit Program requirements are met for the assigned area.
· Partner with the Technical Service Team to meet Customer Expectations and Needs and Ensure all Field Service Personal are trained on all technical aspects of In Ovo Vaccination.
· Implement effective procedures for all reporting colleagues in safety, mechanical, electrical, and hatchery environment processes.
· Develop and implement Individual Development Plans (IDPs) with area Technicians.
· Plan and Implement Engineering Change Notifications (ECN’s) for the respective area
· Support Engineering Requests and Testing Needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associates degree in Electro/Mechanical Systems or related curriculum and/or a Bachelors degree in poultry science or related field from an accredited institution.
· Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement
· Five years of Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance or related experience.
· Five years of People Management preferred
· Poultry Industry Knowledge and Awareness preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Strong Leadership Skills
· Established Coaching Skills
· Proficient organizational skills
· Self-motivator and self starter
· Strong critical thinking problem solving, judgment, and initiative
· Excellent communication skills are necessary to interact directly with multiple levels of customer management
· Basic computer skills using Power Point, Word , Excel , and Outlook
· Proven skills in interpreting and communicate Hatchery Air Plating Program results.
· Proven Mechanical Aptitude
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Majority of work is done in a hatchery where exposure to a potentially hazardous environment is possible
· Heat and Humidity above average is common
· Available for unsocial work hours due to Stand-By and Call-In work beyond 40-hour work week (week-nights/weekends/Holidays) to respond to customer emergency calls (via telephone and face-to-face)
· Lift more than 25 pounds
· Must maintain clean driving record to operate Company provided vehicle.
· Periodic (~30-40%) Overnight Travel Required.
· The position is preferrably located in Baltimore, MD or Harrisburg, PA.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.