The Assay Dx R&D LCMS group is looking for a dedicated and energetic In-House Service Engineer to join our team and provide critical support for high resolution mass spectrometry and UPLC instruments. The successful candidate will join a team of experienced scientists at the BS, MS and PhD levels. We are looking for a detail-oriented, motivated individual with a strong instrument service background and familiarity with Thermo Fisher systems.
What you’ll do
· Provide onsite service including minor and major repairs, preventive maintenance, and performance optimization of Orbitrap- and triple quadrupole-based mass spectrometers, and UPLCs from a variety of vendors.
· Order and maintain inventory of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, etc.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to resolve issues and improve processes.
· Remain up to date on technical bulletins and recommended fixes from vendors.
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
What you need to succeed
· AA in electronics technology, biomedical engineering, electrical or similar with at least 5 years of experience
· BS in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or similar with at least 3 years of experience
· Experience with operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry systems required.
· Extensive experience with Orbitrap mass spectrometers required.
· Experience troubleshooting and critically evaluating abstract data desired.
· Experience in a clinical, diagnostic and/or another regulated environment (GLP, or FDA) desired.
· Strong competency on Windows and other software, network knowledge, electrical/electronics, mechanics, chemistry technology; an analytical thinker with good engineering aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
· Exercise judgment in setting work priorities, identifying and optimizing next steps.
· Able to quickly adapt to change with positive and constructive feedback.
· Work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours at a time.
· Able to lift to 75 pounds, push and pull equipment, and carry up to 50 pounds for at least 100 feet.
· Some exposure to biohazards is a possibility as these instruments are used in biohazard environments and encounter human and animal bodily fluids.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.