As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The purpose of this role is to deliver and execute marketing medical strategy, support the US companion animal category and brand marketing efforts, and serve as the technical product and parasitology expert in the US Companion Animal Business.
This position is primarily on-site in Greenfield, IN with flexibility for hybrid work arrangements when needed.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide technical product and disease state expertise to the veterinary channel and pet channel brand teams, marketing operations team, sales and channel team, Regional Consulting Veterinarians and other supporting partners within US Companion Animal Business Unit.
- Drive and execute US scientific influencer strategy (KOLs), including owning the relationships with these individuals, organizing US advisory boards and maintaining a scientific speaker’s bureau.
- Serve as medical lead in the development of key data summaries and medical presentations to support the brand. This can be as the author or through coordination with a Regional Consulting Veterinarian or outside consultant.
- Serve as marketing medical expert to R&D to ensure alignment on pipeline prioritization to commercial needs.
- Develop and deliver product and disease-state training to internal parties
- Serve as an internal knowledge resource on medical affairs regarding your assigned product and disease state categories
- Develop and maintain relationships with major veterinary associations
- Work closely with Regional Consulting Veterinarians to collect feedback, field expertise and provide scientific brand updates.
- Identification, prioritization and coordination of post approval studies with appropriate cross-functional individuals, ensuring compliance with Elanco and Industry regulations and standards.
- Assist in the development and execution of yearly US brand plans for the categories.
- Drive scientific content to support brands and categories in US conferences, customer and professional meetings.
- Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited program with the corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the United States.
- Experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus) or residency training in a veterinary specialty.
- 5+ years in animal health industry in a medical or technical role
- Preference given to those with technical marketing or medical lead experience and those with direct parasitology experience
Travel: 25% Annually
Location: Global Elanco Headquarters - Greenfield, IN - Hybrid Work Environment
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status