Consultant - Procurement Logistics USA
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Elanco Procurement team is responsible for sourcing goods and services in a way that adds value to the Elanco functional organizations. The focus of the sourcing roles will be to establish sourcing strategies that are applied during strategic sourcing and value capture projects and maintain relationships with suppliers who supply Elanco. The individual will develop and maintain market knowledge for one or more spend areas, identify and implement best business practices that deliver value, network internally to influence change, lead local and global projects through the strategic sourcing process resulting in negotiations and contracting with the selected supplier(s). The individual will be involved in relationship management with critical suppliers to assure the value targeted during negotiations is realized for the business. The sourcing team is also responsible for account management with internal client areas to stay connected and aware of potential and current business needs.
- This role will be responsible for sourcing support for Elanco warehouse and distribution, including transportation, warehouse, and logistics for USA including Affiliate and Manufacturing sites. In this role, the individual will interact with Elanco global logistics and supply chain personnel as well as procurement personnel. The person in this role has responsibility for leading the sourcing process from strategy development and supplier selection through contract negotiation and ongoing relationship management with other functions. The person in the position works closely with key stakeholders on a daily basis.
- The person in this role will identify, negotiate with and manage suppliers who provide goods and services to meet Elanco's global logistics requirements. These activities could include development of Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals as well as negotiation and contract execution. An additional goal of the position is to provide commercial expertise and assist in managing risks from external providers. Having a strong working knowledge of various logistical and warehouse needs associated with Development, Manufacturing and other areas are requirements of this position. It is important that this role understands the regulatory and quality requirements associated with transportation, warehousing, as well as understand Elanco’s logistics operations and requirements. This person will work directly and closely with Warehouse/Transportation/Logistics leadership, supply chain and site functions interacting with logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Engineering, Business or Supply
- At least 4-6 years of Procurement experience with a large company
- At least 2-4 years of experience sourcing experience for warehouse and distribution or logistics/freight forwarder spend
- Understanding and experience with logistics service providers and existing warehouse providers
- Experience and knowledge of GxP manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated examples of taking bold leadership to drive organizational change
- Proven interpersonal skills especially in conflict situations and collaborates effectively with internal and external teams
- Proven skills in negotiating and understanding of commercial law
- Ability to network and influence and drive organizational change even beyond area of direct responsibility and across all levels of management and multiple regions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments
- Leverages broad network (internally & externally) to maintain market knowledge & best practice awareness
- Demonstrated business acumen; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing global third party relationships including management/oversight, supplier and/or supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and problem resolution skills
Location: Open to Remote work
Travel: 10-15 %
Work Type: Full Time
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service