This job is archived
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Global Talent Development Leader will define, develop & implement Leadership Development & Learning strategies that are designed to support the overall corporate strategy.
The role will have oversight for the Elanco Global Leadership Development & Learning Strategy and therefore will interact with a variety of global and regional key stakeholders across the entire business and HR. This role will collaborate with executive leaders, talent management, and HR partners to identify key leadership capabilities required for success, assess capability gaps and design programs and initiatives to close gaps. This role will lead a global team that will build and deliver professional development programs and tools for individual contributors, people managers, senior leaders, executive leaders and high potential talent at all levels in the organization. This role will also guide corporate-wide transformation projects, bringing elements of training and change readiness to secure the success of corporate wide transformations.
- Develop and execute the Elanco Global Leadership Development & Learning Strategies to enable success of the Corporate Strategy.
- Collaborate with HR Strategic Business Partners to ensure leadership development and learning strategies support functional workforce plans.
- Develop learning paths for each level of the organization (Individual Contributors, People Managers, Senior Leaders & Executive Leaders), build learning solutions to grow individual capabilities and ensure successful delivery of development solutions across Elanco globally.
- Oversee the design, delivery, and improvement of innovative learning solutions for high potential population in order to prepare them for leadership roles, secure retention, and bolster engagement. Solutions to span development planning, job assignments, exposure opportunities, etc.
- Develop sound and effective supplemental solutions in the areas of Executive Coaching, 360-Degree Feedback, Mentoring, Sponsorship, New Employee Onboarding Survey & Exit Survey Process.
- Increase effectiveness of LMS for professional development as a Business Process Owner of the global LMS.
- Create strong Strategic Partner Vendor relationships and conduct effective Vendor Management globally in order to ensure cutting-edge development programs and content.
- Partner with business leaders and HR Business Partners to support the identification, assessment and development of talent in business-critical roles. Support the development and execution of succession plans for critical talent across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate effectiveness and impact of the Global Leadership Development and Learning strategies through metrics. Utilize data to adjust strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- 10+ years work experience with 3+ years experience in Talent Management, HR Business Partnership, Organizational Design/Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition, and/or Learning and Development
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Relevant advanced degree
- Ability to partner strategically on business issues with senior management & other functional business heads; effective influencing and consulting skills; politically savvy
- Proven experience leading a global team
- Proven experience in selecting and managing external strategic vendor partners
- Proven experience of working in a global matrix organization
- Demonstrated independence, self-motivation, analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization; ability to communicate effectively
- Strong facilitation skills with all levels of the organization including with the executive level
Notification of Drug testing and Background Checks
Elanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with the procedures required by applicable state and federal law. Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any positive test result. All test results shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for processing an application for employment. By signing your acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable criminal background check, educational verification, job history verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status