This job is archived
Under minimal supervision, supports all automation team objectives to provide highly effective equipment and process automation, information collection and reporting, and manufacturing workflow solutions for the Zoetis Global Manufacturing and Supply (ZGMS) Lincoln facility.
- Support Allen-Bradley, Andover Continuum, Emerson Delta V, GE Proficy, Honeywell Experion and Micromax, and Rockwell control systems including maintenance and troubleshooting of all control system electrical input/output signals, wiring, and instrumentation.
- Support capital expansions as well as daily optimization of manufacturing and business processes.
- Provide technical support and training for Lincoln Operations maintenance teams.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and maintenance support for automation systems as needed.
- Maintain assigned Automation computer systems in secure and validated state under Zoetis SOPs, Zoetis Quality Standards (ZQS), CFR21 Part 11, ISPE current Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (cGAMP), and Computer System Validation Practices.
- Pursue active and regular engagement with customers to understand their business drivers and needs to identify opportunities where automation technology can add benefits.
- Install, patch, and service assigned automation computer systems.
- Perform weekly verifications of successful database backups on assigned systems.
- Perform periodic Automation Preventative Maintenance (PM) on schedule.
- Perform periodic system operation training on assigned automation systems
- Provide 24x7 troubleshooting and maintenance support for all assigned automation systems.
Education and Experience
BS Engineering (prefer Chemical or Electrical), BS in Computer Science, or equivalent degree.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience with:
- Process engineering with electronic instrumentation, programmable controllers/computers, and process control in automated Active Biological Ingredient, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Drug Product, or other manufacturing.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, and administrating computer systems.
- Computer programming language (example VB.NET and Python)
- Basic Networking understanding.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in English, both oral and written, and sound technical writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and working in a team-based environment.
- Customer Service and Support advocate.
- Effective leadership skills and experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Organizational skills, dependability, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Capable of learning and performing control system configuration, programming, and system administration
- Ability to understand and update schematics, P&IDs, and automation design specifications.
- System Lifecycle documentation and change control.